GPSMAP 62s Personal info on boot up

eaglegale

I've got a shiny new GPSMAP 62s and want to add my personal contact info to it.

My Vista HCx had an option to add info so that it came up on the boot up screen. You added the info via the "Welcome" option in the "Setup" menu. There does not seem to be a way to do this with the 62s, or am I just being stupid?

Cheers

eaglegale

You can add personal details on the boot screen. connect your 62s to the pc and look in the garmin folder on the device. In this folder you should see a .txt file, I can't remember what it is called but if you open it up there is instructions for adding your contact details to the device.

Hope this helps

LB

You can add personal details on the boot screen. connect your 62s to the pc and look in the garmin folder on the device. In this folder you should see a .txt file, I can't remember what it is called but if you open it up there is instructions for adding your contact details to the device.

Hope this helps

LB

The file is called startup.txt. Editing it in a text editor like Notepad is best. Not a good idea to open it in MS Word, for instance. :)

Hope this helps

LB

The file is called startup.txt. Editing it in a text editor like Notepad is best. Not a good idea to open it in MS Word, for instance. :)

yeah, i did mine in NOTEPAD, simple and easy to do.