geocaching new years resalution

prot1

i want to try and find at least 5 each week in 2011.

A worthy resolution but perhaps not a challenging one. How about including that at least one of the five must have a "Favourite" tag and if this presents too much of a challenge in the early weeks while the system gets up and running and tags are awarded. You could include saying that of the all the caches you bag in 2011, fifty must have a favourite tag.

I believe by including "Favourite" tags your experience will be more challenging as the run of the mill micros are unlikely to attract them and more rewarding because they will be awarded to the more thought through hides... and don't forget to let us know how you are getting on.

Happy caching.

My resolution will be the same as last year/this year - That is to find an average of one cache per day over the next twelve months, I managed this in 2009, but will fail in 2010, falling about 35 short, the weather around christmas - snow on the ground, about 8 inches deep making caches difficult to get to by car, and then nigh on impossible to find under the snow. An option was to collect some on the days after the snow had gone, but I have the Lurgy and am bed-ridden. Ho-hum

The other resolution I did make in 2008 was to have a 'double digit' day each month, that is to have a day out caching where I find at least ten caches, that would help the one-a-day average

doing at least 50 favorites next year seem's to be a good challange i will try and complete this my back is recovering after twisting rather badley 2 weeks ago so i need to get caching as soon as possible to get it working properly again and i will keep you posted on how i am getting on

We had a resolution last year to do 500 caches in a year.

Doesn't sound difficult for many, but we don't have just 1 hobby and I have my kids every other weekend who don't like caching.

I work so that makes caching in the week difficult which leaves us 2 days every other week.

We almost always have something to do on 1 of the days so that leaves us just 26 days caching a year.

That's an average of just under 20 each time we go out.....

Needless to say we missed it. I think we did about 400 which I didn't think was bad going.

Next year, however, we have a new mission. To cache as many 10k OS squares as possible and to try and only do quality caching. So if this means finding 1 cache a day, that's fine, as long as it's a good quality one.

I HAVE A BIG LIST :)

1.To leave the house to go caching if it's already raining.

2.To go on holiday with friends and not go caching for at least 1 day.(or 5)

3.To get into the UK top 50. (cachers list..not the download charts)

4.To spend less. (Geocaching trips abroad have taken their toll)

5.To plant more micros.

6.To really try to stop being an a*se on these forums.

7.To be nicer to interfering muggles.

8.To attend more Goldpot events in London. (sorry mate)

9.To ignore spelling errors. ;)

10. To win the lottery. Not quite sure how I'd spend all the hours not working.

I'd better stop before I really get started. :)

I HAVE A BIG LIST :)

1.To leave the house to go caching if it's already raining.

2.To go on holiday with friends and not go caching for at least 1 day.(or 5)

3.To get into the UK top 50. (cachers list..not the download charts)

4.To spend less. (Geocaching trips abroad have taken their toll)

5.To plant more micros.

6.To really try to stop being an a*se on these forums.

7.To be nicer to interfering muggles.

8.To attend more Goldpot events in London. (sorry mate)

9.To ignore spelling errors. ;)

10. To win the lottery. Not quite sure how I'd spend all the hours not working.

I'd better stop before I really get started. :)

1. Good plan.

2. Hmmmmmm. There is always one en route that has to be found in my experience.

3. Go for it.

4. Must be good.

5. The more the merrier - try to set a few in the North West to cause maximum annoyance ;) .

6. Not very likely - probably the first to be broken. I always look forward to a CK post.

7. See 6.

8. Good to see you.

9. The faster you type to more errrors you get.

10. Top of my list!

Like TOS and Autumn Tiger, I thought it'd be quite nice to do 500 caches this year and I JUST did it.... I have to say it wasn't that hard, but I WAS helped along by the Skeg to Ness series.

To be honest, I'd be happy to just to average 1 cache a day, but to do caches I enjoy, with people I want to spend time with, and to have a laugh and get a bit fitter in the process...

I'm not a numbers cacher these days, but if I happen to do 10 caches on a nice walk, then it's a bonus... but it IS about the walk these days rather than the numbers...

(blimey - I bet none of you thought you'd hear me say that a few years ago!!)

Find more parks with caches! I'm vowing to not hunt LPC or guardrail caches unless I'm there and bored.

What's an LPC or guardrail cache? :unsure:

It's a USA thing.

LPC=Lamp Post Cover, over there lamp posts have a sort of skirt round the bottom and people hide micros under them.

I think guardrail is what we would call Armco, the crash barrier along the roadside, again they're used for hiding caches.

I've never done either but I expect they tend to be pretty un-inspired cache hides, and probably mainly 'just for numbers' caches.

Edited by MartyBartfast

Snip

To get my D/T average higher as it's slipped a lot over the last few years. Would like to see the average back up over 2 for both if I can.

Yep thats a good idea.. must check on mine.

I want to clear out the caches local to me especially all the pesky puzzle caches. :ph34r:

1. To produce 12 podcasts. This really is more difficult than it sounds!

2. One cache a day. I started on 25-12-2010 and intend to go to at least 24-12-2011, hopefully further.

3. Get a new GPS. My Etrex Legend HC is great but I hate having to carry that and another device for paperless.

4. Be more honest in my logs. If I dislike a find, say so, tactfully of course!

5. Find a cache in a different country. The Isle Of Wight does not count, despite what the IBMers might say!

6. Get a 5/5 D/T.