WTB - Magellan SporTrak

SporTraker10

Ltljon, Yes, that is all I need is the small screw that holds the battery compartment in the unit.

I owned one for only a short while but don't remember anything odd or specific about the screw except that it was small. I was thinking it should be an easy find at a hardware store or electrical supply.

If I still had mine I'm sure I could have matched it up with one from a drawer full of nuts & bolts I've been saving for years. No help to you now though. (Sorry)

If someone don't come through take it with you to the store & test out a few. Those guys like a challenge anyways.

It's more than likely a fine thread & possibly metric so don't force anything in there that don't wanna go smoothly.

Ltljon, Yes, that is all I need is the small screw that holds the battery compartment in the unit.

I owned one for only a short while but don't remember anything odd or specific about the screw except that it was small. I was thinking it should be an easy find at a hardware store or electrical supply.

If I still had mine I'm sure I could have matched it up with one from a drawer full of nuts & bolts I've been saving for years. No help to you now though. (Sorry)

If someone don't come through take it with you to the store & test out a few. Those guys like a challenge anyways.

It's more than likely a fine thread & possibly metric so don't force anything in there that don't wanna go smoothly.

Thanks Ltljon for the suggestion. I will take it to the hardware store with me and see if I can find a screw that will work. I have a friend that has the same GPS and I may borrow his to find a match for the screw. Thanks for the reply and have a great day!

Thanks Ltljon for the suggestion. I will take it to the hardware store with me and see if I can find a screw that will work. I have a friend that has the same GPS and I may borrow his to find a match for the screw. Thanks for the reply and have a great day!

did you ever come across a different unit or a screw?

i know a guy that has one lying around i have benn tring to buy it .. as a backup.. let me know ..

There were two repair places for Magellan units years ago, before they had a falling out with the "then owners". I can't find the addy for the one near Ft. Worth Tx, but found the one in Canada. Bills Electronics, Mildmay, Onterio 1-519-367-2771

breuber@wightman.ca

Bill had a lot of spare parts for the older units. He might have the Texas addy.

There is a sharp yahoo group that may have some helpful ideas.

Go to the top of the GPS and Technology Page to Collection of Existing FAQs, down to Magellan, and Robert Lipe's Magellan FAQ. Scroll down to the very bottom for the yahoo group link.

Also, Magellan has been accepting all old units for trade in for the new X10 units. They might sell you an old battery compartment.

Always good to get feedback, as it helps everyone to know what works and what dosen't.

The below is from a "google" of magellan repair center. Older info.

Megellan Repir Center

ATCLE

13550 Independence Pkwy

Suite 124

fort worth, tx 76177

1-866-339-0488

or 1-800-707-9971

The repair center is with a company in Fort Worth called ATC Logistics & Electronics.

Always good to get feedback, as it helps everyone to know what works and what dosen't.

Megellan Repir Center

ATCLE

13550 Independence Pkwy

Suite 124

fort worth, tx 76177

1-866-339-0488

or 1-800-707-9971

The repair center is with a company in Fort Worth called ATC Logistics & Electronics.

Megellan Repir Center

ATCLE

13550 Independence Pkwy

Suite 124

fort worth, tx 76177

1-866-339-0488

or 1-800-707-9971

Megellan Repir Center

ATCLE

13550 Independence Pkwy

Suite 124

fort worth, tx 76177

1-866-339-0488

or 1-800-707-9971