Another corruption of the English langauge

I have just come across the following phrase on the Groundspeak website - "Users Who Favorited This Cache"

Ugh! Why can they not use our language properly!

Seems to be in at least one dictionary already

–verb

simple past tense and past participle of favorite.

Personally - as the English language has spent the past thousand years (at least) in a state of flux and constant evolution - I'd be more concerned with the use of upper case at the beginning of each word....but that's not a language issue ;):laughing:

One thing is for sure, if Groundspeak went with 'favourite' there would be much more angst over it from our American chums than there will be over 'favorite' from the Brits :laughing:

Maybe Groundspeak should add English (UK) to their available localisations (and fix that blummin' MM/DD/YYYY date issue at the same time :anitongue:)

I have just come across the following phrase on the Groundspeak website - "Users Who Favorited This Cache"

This is rather ironic, considering that the title of your thread has the word "langauge" in it, instead of language :lol:

It is amazing how many Google hits this spelling error picks up!

Hmmm....words in the English language....to be honest, it doesn't bother me the differences between the US and the UK ways of spelling, what REALLY annoys me is the amount of "text speak" that still goes on, on the likes of Facebook etc, not so much on cache logs, thankfully. Also punctuation.......another bug-bear of mine. This day and age, with "qwerty" keyboards on mobiles, there is really no excuse for not using punctuation.

Just a short story to make you smile:-

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Amzanig huh?

Gaz

Hmmm....words in the English language....to be honest, it doesn't bother me the differences between the US and the UK ways of spelling, what REALLY annoys me is the amount of "text speak" that still goes on, on the likes of Facebook etc, not so much on cache logs, thankfully. Also punctuation.......another bug-bear of mine. This day and age, with "qwerty" keyboards on mobiles, there is really no excuse for not using punctuation.

Gaz

Amen to that - but then I think Gaz and I are from a similar generation, in Geocaching years at least!

–verb

Personally - as the English language has spent the past thousand years (at least) in a state of flux and constant evolution - I'd be more concerned with the use of upper case at the beginning of each word....but that's not a language issue ;):laughing:

It could be a language issue. It's said that capitalisation makes the difference between helping your uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

–verb

It could be a language issue. It's said that capitalisation makes the difference between helping your uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing::rolleyes: