Wish you could create PQ for your favorite owner's caches?

The Pucketts

I just created a suggestion in the feedback section for Groundspeak to add a field to the pocket query generator that would enable one to enter another cacher's username and thereby generate a query containing caches created by that user. Here is the text of the suggestion:

Creat Pocket Query by Cache Owner

We would love to be able to create pocket queries based on the owner of the cache. One of our favorite cache owners is barondriver in Kansas. When we travel I-70 we love to catch his caches. In fact, we'd love to concentrate on his caches, of which he has over 300. Would you please consider adding a field to the pocket query page that would enable one to enter a cache creator's username to limit the query to his/her caches.

If you like this idea, I would appreciate if you would vote for it in the feedback forum so that it will move up in the rankings and catch the attention of Groundspeak. Here is a link to the page where you can cast your vote:

http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/75775-geocaching-com/suggestions/1332527-creat-pocket-query-by-cache-owner?ref=title

Thanks for your votes!

You can. Place all of his caches in a bookmark list and run a PQ based on that list.

That's a very awkward and time-consuming way to accomplish something that could very easily be a criteria on the PQ page. In the OP's case, that would mean creating a bookmark list of over 300 caches.

Another possible workaround for a Premium member that uses GSAK would be to create a pocket query of the cache owner's entire hiding area, then use a GSAK filter to hide all but his caches. But again... easy functionality to add to pocket queries.

Thanks everyone for your ideas! I'm afraid making a bookmark list would be way too labor intensive for what we want to do.

I get what you're saying about GSAK. We usually run a route PQ and could widen our range on that, but truth be told, we find there are WAY more than 500 caches along the route from Denver to Topeka. To try to create a swath that would include all of baron driver's caches would require multiple PQ's. Again, we're getting pretty labor intensive here.

I really like the idea of making an exclude option on this new category too. It seems that Groundspeak is trying to make the website more functional in so many ways. I love the new updates and ability to favorite caches. It just seems to me that it shouldn't be very difficult for them to add this field to the PQ options.

If you haven't voted for this idea in the Groundspeak feedback area, please do so and give it the attention I believe it deserves. You can do so in the link in post 1 of this forum. Thanks!