So, What caching gear did Santa bring you?

coman123

I received a gift car to the Outdoor Source to be used to buy rope for the tree caches! My caching team mate and son got a headlamp for the tunnel and night caches. I bought myself a space pen. I also manged to talk the wife into one cache on Christmas. :D

My husband and kids got me much needed hiking boots (no more caching in my stylish little ballet flats) and a great pair of rubber boots (after I already went wading in a 40 degree swamp in order to score a rubber ducky cache). My step-mom got me geocaching license plate frame, some geocoins, and a cache attack shirt (that was WAY too big and now belongs to my darling husband). Best of all, they all let me go try out the new boots the very next day!

A wonderful pair of heavy suede gloves for winter caching. I like suede for winter-time caching because nothing sticks to them (like those annoying burrs!) and wind does not penetrate them. They have a soft lamb's wool lining that retains heat for the few minutes I have to take them off to sign the log. They are not the most stylish, but I will take function over style ANY day when it comes to caching in the Michigan winters!

I recieved some REI gift cards. So I ordered a starter kit that included "The Idiots Guide to Geocaching", GPS lanyard, clip pen, geocoin, travel bug, cache in trash out bag, and a 30 day free premium membership to geocaching.com. I also ordered several nano caches, several travel bugs, and several microcache containers.