BCTS - A "no cars" 56 cache trail in Pullman, WA

Nuttyguy

The Bill Chipman Trail Series published last week. It consists of 56 new caches along a trail of about 7 miles where no motorized vehicles are allowed. It stretches from Pullman, WA to Moscow, ID. A few have completed it already. Check out the cache page on the first cache to see more information and stay updated.

GC2KFKE

Thanks big dog "we" 5knolls, caching clutes and quadsinthemudd just found all 56 plus the four other caches on the trail. We walked from Moscow to Pullman in the nice sunshine, clouds, blowing wind, blowing snow, darkness and last but not least once we were totally wet all the way through the last mile ice cold glacier wind! All the kids were able to make it to sunshine rd before the rain and wind was so bad we had them get in a car and go play while we finished the trail. We were only the second group to finish all 56 caches and the first to do it in one shot! We signed the log TNT which stands for Team Numb Thumb! The caches closest to Moscow you can see a clear TNT the colder we got the more we shivered the worse it looked. BCTS 2-5 you almost cant tell it is a TNT but the green scribble is ours.

We love that country but would have to wait several months to walk the trail. Six weeks ago I got a new aortic valve. Yesterday we spent all day in Harrison emergency dept. My Doctor thought I had blood clot in my right leg. They did a scan and said I had "Baker

Cyst under mt right knee cap. They also drew a lot of fluid out. Tests shows no blood clot and is probably caused by arthritis. I could not put any pressure on it but today I can with a minimum of pain so things are looking up. My question is there access to the trail where we could drive between caches? I know that is not the idea of the trail but would like to do it next summer. I will be 86 in April. Thanks Dick and Arlene

We love that country but would have to wait several months to walk the trail. Six weeks ago I got a new aortic valve. Yesterday we spent all day in Harrison emergency dept. My Doctor thought I had blood clot in my right leg. They did a scan and said I had "Baker

Cyst under mt right knee cap. They also drew a lot of fluid out. Tests shows no blood clot and is probably caused by arthritis. I could not put any pressure on it but today I can with a minimum of pain so things are looking up. My question is there access to the trail where we could drive between caches? I know that is not the idea of the trail but would like to do it next summer. I will be 86 in April. Thanks Dick and Arlene

The trail does cross some driveways and roads occasionally, not very often though. You might be able to get 5 with a small amount of walking and skipping through the caches not near roads/driveways.

I'd really recommended a bicycle for anyone doing this trail (probably wouldn't work in your case though). The trail has almost no elevation change and is paved the entire way. Maybe an electric wheel chair?

The trail does cross some driveways and roads occasionally, not very often though. You might be able to get 5 with a small amount of walking and skipping through the caches not near roads/driveways.

I'd really recommended a bicycle for anyone doing this trail (probably wouldn't work in your case though). The trail has almost no elevation change and is paved the entire way. Maybe an electric wheel chair?

Thank you for your quick reply Dick