Too Many "LOG INS"

twistyipper

The site enhancements are nice but I am annoyed at the number of times that I must log in --especially after I log in, hit my user name and have to again log in again to see the content--maybe a bit too much security now.

Unless I am misunderstanding you, this is something unique to you. I don't log in even once, because I let Windows save my Geocaching login (I'm not too worried about a hacker logging finds for me), but even without that, I only have to log in once.

Does anybody else see this happening?

The site enhancements are nice but I am annoyed at the number of times that I must log in --especially after I log in, hit my user name and have to again log in again to see the content--maybe a bit too much security now.

Unless I am misunderstanding you, this is something unique to you. I don't log in even once, because I let Windows save my Geocaching login (I'm not too worried about a hacker logging finds for me), but even without that, I only have to log in once.

I did not see this happening either.

After playing around with things a bit. Using both IE and Firefox its seems to be an issue of weather or not you let the browser save the log in and password. Having the remember me box alone checked doesn't do it. Before the forum upgrade i seem to remember not having to log in to the forums if i was already logged in on Geocaching.com. Now i have to log into both individually. Guess they separated the forum from the main site for security reasons. just a guess

after I log in, hit my user name and have to again log in again to see the content
This happens to me at work. The IT team installed an ancient version of Internet Explorer (so old you have to wind it up with a mechanical crank), then corrupted the handling of "cookies", set it up to send all data through a proxy in South Yemen, then they all drove off laughing hysterically and shouting obscenities while throwing empty beer cans out the window. But they did say "Call us if you need anything!". Nice touch.

At home, I use all the auto-fill features I can. So it's no big deal to log back in, and it stays logged in for at least a while.

This happens to me quite often here at home. It also logs me out a lot even though I have the remember me box checked all the time. I have deleted the cookies time and time again and several other things but it still logs me out a lot (but not always). The forums almost never log me out though, even when the main site does.

after I log in, hit my user name and have to again log in again to see the content
This happens to me at work. The IT team installed an ancient version of Internet Explorer (so old you have to wind it up with a mechanical crank), then corrupted the handling of "cookies", set it up to send all data through a proxy in South Yemen, then they all drove off laughing hysterically and shouting obscenities while throwing empty beer cans out the window. But they did say "Call us if you need anything!". Nice touch.

At home, I use all the auto-fill features I can. So it's no big deal to log back in, and it stays logged in for at least a while.

I think we must work together.

I think we must work together.

Sounds like you both work at the same place as the BOFH. I used to read the regular installments from the BOFH when he posted them to Usenet in 1992. I was working as a systems administrator at the time and was nothing like the BOFH. Really.

Edited by NYPaddleCacher

Windows remembers my "log in" details alright--but my concern is that I have to click the log in again when I choose my user name or I get no details of previous finds etc. this is not a computer glitch as I see it. :sad:

I usually am in Linux using Firefox I do not have Firefox remembering my password but I do have the box checked to remember me and have no problems. When I do log in on the windows side it all depends on how long its been since the last time I logged in but usually have no problems there either.