Place travel bugs near Wichita, KS at your own risk.

claypigeon58

Well, I'm ticked. My first travel bug went all of 384 miles before "4America" took it 8 weeks ago. I only know he has it 'cuz I was following the logs of the last known cache it was in. 4America never logged the TB, and when I asked him to about a month ago, he said he didn't have it, probably left it somewhere over the weekend, and would have to go get it back. It's been two months now, no log, no movement, and no replies to my e-mail asking him if he has it or if he plans on re-inserting it. Thanks a lot "4America". Next time leave the dadgum thing in the cache if you don't have the sense or the ability to move it along as instructed. People like you ruin it for the rest of us.

And what cache did 4America supposedly place the bug in? Lemme know the details and Ill help if I can. Travel bugs are great fun but you do have to log them to make them work. I know for a fact that 4America had some personal issues and had been sidelined for a bit, and I also know that this was the first bug he has found. Im not trying to make excuses for him, But Im sure if we get the message out, Ol Buzz will be back in action soon.

Please remember..Not all of us around Wichita are like that, and I dont think 4America would purposely mess up your TB, maybe he didnt know how to use it or something, but Im sure we can sort it out.

C-Troop

Mitch

[This message was edited by C-Troop on July 23, 2002 at 07:03 PM.]

Yep, it was Buzz Lightyear and apparently it was taken from "Ha Ha Tonka and Devil's Kitchen" in May by 4America. Hey, I just want the thing back in circulation. I've e-mailed him via geocaching and just haven't heard back from him, so I have no idea what's going on. If you could grab the TB and get it back out there (anywhere), I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'll have to start a new TB. All the best to 4America. Cheers.

claypigeon58

First, I don't like the practice of calling someone else out on the forum like this. Second, has more than one travel bug gone missing around Wichita or you just pissed off about this one? I have a traveler near there and I haven't had any problems.

I especially don't like it when I know the person being called out. Charlie (4America) came to one of our events in June and he's a good guy. He's certainly not deserving of this kind of abuse. I will alert him that this thread exists and he can choose to do something if he wishes.

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

That's nice, but there's some practices I don't like either. Like people taking travel bugs and not logging them. Or holding on to them for months at a time. Or not responding to e-mail requesting a status update. All I'm asking is that people who play the game follow the rules, and that hasn't happened. I have been more than patient and the only reason I came to this forum was to try to get some info on my TB. It should not have come to this, and I apologize if I have come across as beating the guy up.That's not my purpose, and I have nothing personal against him. And I'm sure that not all Wichita TB's meet the same fate as mine has. I'm just frustrated at his inaction. All I want to know is where the thing is and if I need to replace it. Heck, even if he lost it, just say so. I can live with that. I just want to know what's going on. I don't like to resort to Machiavellian tactics, but on the other hand my previous efforts were going nowhere. I just want to know where the thing is, that's all.

Tres Okies...forgot to mention I appreciate you standing up for your friend. It got me to thinking that I was wrong to really start such an inflammatory thread. Had I to do it all over again I simply would have asked if anyone in your area knew 4America and could help me contact him with info on my TB. I let my frustration get the best of me. Sorry. I never met a cacher I didn't like, and I'm sure 4America is no different. Next time I'll know better.

Ill post the TB info on thelocal site and also the REgional forum here, hopefully someone has seen it and can provide more details, I will also try to contact 4America myself, but I am going on vacation for a week so if he replies it may be a little bit. Sounds like youve been patient, but just hang on...well figure it out one way or another. I had a bug go missing by a cacher that didnt log online, he just looked at the cache pages, I tried everything I could think of and no results...finally about a month later, voila the bug reappears! total down time was about three months, so even when you think all is lost, it really isnt!

Thanks

C-Troop

Buzz must have ventured off on his own, as he got left at the lake. We retrieved him over the 4th, and when he found all his buddies, I couldn’t get him to leave. On the 10th, I finally reinforced "to infinity and beyond” and dropped him off at the k96 bike trail, close to the hi-way, so that he could hitch a ride. I had a major server crash, and couldn't this logged. I was in contact with the owner and he knows what was going on. I will not resort to the libel and slander that some did. Sorry it took a while to post, but in Woody’s words. You are only a TOY and this is ONLY a game!

You know, every time I get stiffed on some auction item I've sold I get an email weeks later saying "my pc crashed, etc...". I always tell these people that it would have been courteous to go to the library for 5 minutes and email me. Or email from a friend's house, or work, or whatever. Not just leave me hanging. Well there's relevence here in my opinion.

Thanks,

Loomis

Well I had a travel bug (Outlaw Willy) who turned up missing for months. No one seemed to know what had happened to him nor would they admit to having taken him. I did a bit of detective work and by reading the logs of the cache he was last seen, I concluded someone had taken him not really knowing how TB's worked and didn't know how to log/pick them up.

Eventually I wrote it off as a loss.

Then suddenly, a few weeks ago I got a TB report saying Outlaw Willy had turned up and was sailing in the South Pacific on a yacht. The report said he would find a new home (cache) soon when he made land fall.

So don't give up hope.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

I live there and we do have a nice group of cachers..and quite a few around here to find. All 12 of the travellers with the exception of Sailor Mate that I have at present have been shown a good time and headed on their way to new adventures..we'll see if we can bring up the topic of travellers at our next get-together..happy cachin'

barondriver1.jpg