NuMaps Lifetime for CNNA NT 2009 Problem

fourbeer

I have City Navigator North America NT 2009 on my Garmin Oregon 400t.

I just purchased and activated a NuMaps Lifetime card for North America map updates.

I activated the card online and added it to my Oregon, but I keep getting a message saying there are no updates.

I was told by Garmin Support that there is a 2011.30 update for these maps.

Am I missing something?

I am connected and I am at my garmin page. I did register my Oregon and it is in the MyGarmin page.

My Oregon says there are no updates available even after I have registered the card and added it to the device.

did you register your Oregon?

if so, plug it in and go to My Garmin

Edited by fourbeer

You are not making sense-your OR will NOT say there are no updates available. Do you mean to say when you go to manage maps the web page says there are no updates available? If so, call Garmin because there should be a link to download 2011.3 on that page.

Correct. The portion of MyGarmin where it shows my Oregon and the maps I have registered for it (CNNA NT 2009 Deluxe), at the very far right says "No Updates Available".

I am connected and I am at my garmin page. I did register my Oregon and it is in the MyGarmin page.

My Oregon says there are no updates available even after I have registered the card and added it to the device.

Registered the card? Are you trying to update a SD card version of NA? That probably won't work.

The NuMaps Lifetime giftcard has to be activated. I am not trying to update an SD card, I am trying to update the CNNA NT 2009 DVD version of the maps.

Registered the card? Are you trying to update a SD card version of NA? That probably won't work.

Well,

The update is applied to the device, which has the maps loaded into its read/write flash, so no. I don't see a problem.

Also, according to according to the Garmin NuMap Lifetime update web page, the update will work with the DVD as long as you are doing the update on the PC which you installed the DVD's (which I am).

I see no problem at all especially when I was assured by Garmin before purchasing and activating this card that it would work with my Oregon 400t with the CNNA NT 2009 maps installed.

The NuMaps Lifetime giftcard has to be activated. I am not trying to update an SD card, I am trying to update the CNNA NT 2009 DVD version of the maps.

DVD's are read only media. Updating requires a write operation. Do you perhaps see a problem?

Edited by fourbeer

Sorry to hear you cannot get through to garmin-I am sure that is very frustrating.

The way it should look once you get to My Garmin Manage Maps is first you should have City Navigator North America NT 2009 listed and it saying no updates available. If you are not seeing this, that is your problem and you need to get it regestered to you first before you can get the updates.

Then after CN 2009 you should have this for where you can download CN 2011.3-The installer will install it into MapSource and then you use MapSource to send it to your GPS

City Navigator North America NT 2011.30, All Regions, Oct 10 No update available

Details Download Again

Do you have both CN 2009 AND CN 2011.3 listed in My Garmin?

It sounds like you have done everything correctly but there is a Garmin issue. I can’t believe you can’t get through to Garmin. It usually takes 20 – 30 minutes hold time but I’ve always been able to get someone (that speaks great English). Of course it should be worse after Christmas. Best thing is to call 8:00 am Central and try to be 1st in line. You must call to get this resolved. Garmin email has lowest priority and as I’m sure you’ve discovered, it will take days for correspondence to bounce back and forth. Call and it will be over in less than an hour.

Thanks for all the help. I will definitely keep calling Garmin. Doing it early in the morning like you suggest sounds like a good idea.

It sounds like you have done everything correctly but there is a Garmin issue. I can’t believe you can’t get through to Garmin. It usually takes 20 – 30 minutes hold time but I’ve always been able to get someone (that speaks great English). Of course it should be worse after Christmas. Best thing is to call 8:00 am Central and try to be 1st in line. You must call to get this resolved. Garmin email has lowest priority and as I’m sure you’ve discovered, it will take days for correspondence to bounce back and forth. Call and it will be over in less than an hour.