Changing Found Notes to Find Logs doesnt give Favorites Points?

Blue_Stone

Hey all,

Over the years, for various reasons, I was logging Finds as Notes instead of Found Logs. With the new Favorites system, I thought it might be time to go back and get my caching history straightened out, and change all my Notes to Found Logs.

I changed a couple from "Note" to "Found", and noticed, it doesnt add toward my Favorites Points. So then I completely deleted the log, and resubmitted a new "Found" log, backdating it with the original found date. But that didnt work either.. :(

I realise there may be restrictions built in to the system to keep people from abusing the Favorites thing, but I assure you I am not trying to do anything nefarious, or to "cheat" the system. I just want to change my logs to show my true caching history, and to get the total Favorites Points I should have, to use on what I think are my true Favorite caches.

Anyone else notice this issue, and is there any way to fix it so I can do this?

Thanx!

Hey all,

Over the years, for various reasons, I was logging Finds as Notes instead of Found Logs. With the new Favorites system, I thought it might be time to go back and get my caching history straightened out, and change all my Notes to Found Logs.

I changed a couple from "Note" to "Found", and noticed, it doesnt add toward my Favorites Points. So then I completely deleted the log, and resubmitted a new "Found" log, backdating it with the original found date. But that didnt work either.. :(

I realise there may be restrictions built in to the system to keep people from abusing the Favorites thing, but I assure you I am not trying to do anything nefarious, or to "cheat" the system. I just want to change my logs to show my true caching history, and to get the total Favorites Points I should have, to use on what I think are my true Favorite caches.

Thanx!

Does it work if you delete your note and add a brand new, but back-dated Found It ?

Hey all,

Thanx!

Does it work if you delete your note and add a brand new, but back-dated Found It ?

I think you missed the part in bold.

Did you change at least 10 Notes to Finds?

No...Only did 2...Was afraid I might make the situation worse by doing more.

BEFORE doing these two, I was told I needed 10 more finds for another point...AFTER doing these two, it STILL said I needed 10 more finds.

I even tried logging out, closing my browser, logging back in, and re-doing one of the two I tried the first time.

Another thing I should have mentioned, before trying the two caches I mentioned above, I logged several caches as Found under this account, that I had originally logged Notes on under another GC account. I also backdated THOSE logs, and those worked fine towards Fave points.

I'm guessing maybe if you've logged ANY kind of log on a cache already, previous to the implementation of the Favorites update, it doesnt count?

Ok...I guess after thinking about this a little bit, I figured it out.

This will affect those of you who log your Finds as Notes.

When I started caching, I was logging my finds as Finds....Then for one reason or another, I went back and changed all my Find logs to Notes, and started logging all my finds as Notes from that point on.

The Favorites points system is set up so you cannot log a cache with a Found log, delete that log, and relog it trying to get Fave points.

So because I had already once upon a time logged my first caches as Finds, then changed them to Notes, and am now changing them back to Finds, the system is not giving me the Fave points I should get on them.

Oh well... I guess its just best to log your finds truly, right from the beginning, and Dam those people who judge you on your Find count.

Given that the system awards a Fav for each 10 finds, you'll need to change at least that many and then probably give the servers 24 hours to do their thing (I'm not sure at what time what servers run what stored procedures- or how ever they are calculating/pushing that data around) then you'll probably see your Fav's.

Edited to add: Jeremy says that past finds will count.

Edited by MooseJawSpruce