OSM world routable while geocaching on Oregon 450

oldmower

HelloWhen OSM World routable is enabled my compass takes me all over the place and not to the geocache. I was wondering if there was a setting to make this work. I have been switching to the PA topo to find the cache. But I thought I could leave it on the OSM map and then it would calculate off road.

you probably have either on-road navigation and/or "lock to road" enabled. you need to switch to off-road navigation and have "lock to road" disabled for proper geocache navigation. of course then car navigation won't work, so it makes most sense to have two different profiles with different settings and then switch back and forth between them.

you probably have either on-road navigation and/or "lock to road" enabled. you need to switch to off-road navigation and have "lock to road" disabled for proper geocache navigation. of course then car navigation won't work, so it makes most sense to have two different profiles with different settings and then switch back and forth between them.

Thanks I didn't know that each profile would select different maps to use.

The issue is not the map, the issue is on road v off road. Since PA topo does not have routing capabilities, navigation is always off road. With the OSM map (or City Navigator) if you switch to off road navigation, your compass will work right. You can also use road navigation and OSM/CN to get you close and then use where to to change to off road navigation.

The issue is not the map, the issue is on road v off road. Since PA topo does not have routing capabilities, navigation is always off road. With the OSM map (or City Navigator) if you switch to off road navigation, your compass will work right. You can also use road navigation and OSM/CN to get you close and then use where to to change to off road navigation.

thanks for the help I am still learning how to use this.