How many bugs by you?

Team Golden

I'm curious on how many travel bugs are in your area say within 25 miles? I'm just wondering if some areas are more popular then others. Here in south eastern WI there have been a few. I have found 4 so far but they don't seem to pop up too often. I like searching for them more than the cache itself. I plan on hiding my first cache soon and releasing some bugs.

I also like finding bugs. I am trying to collect some to take with us on vacation next week... to move them along into another state when consistent with the bugs' goals. I have two in my inventory and there are only four out in the wild within 25 miles of downtown Pittsburgh PA. That is kind of surprising since it is a big city and lots of caches. Two of the bugs are in challenging caches rated 3/3... I'm going after them on Saturday!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

"Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house."

There are 14 just within 25 miles of me (living in a small city ). There are 37 within 50 miles.

That's a LOT! :-)

(Well, at least that's what the database tells me. You know how it is... sometimes a bug is LOGGED as in a cache, but really it is awol....)

-----

froggy.gif You must be present to win.

i see none within 50miles of me, the only one ive seen in the past few weeks in the the "corn feed beef" bug i have in my desk. i think theres a link between the number of ppl in an area and the number of caches and more the more caches/and cacher activity the more bugs youll see floating around.

whack.gif

Within in 25 miles of my Zip code, there are 11 caches with TBs in them. Since there may be more than one TB in a cache (and I didn't bother opening up each of those cache pages), there may be more than 11 TBs in caches. (It has happened quite a few timese recently that there would be more than one TB in cache.) In the same area there are 131 caches.

I am wondering if the number of TBs is closely related to the number of caches and overall caching activities, such as number of cache logs in a given area in a given time. For example you could calculate a percentage of caches with TBs (11/131 = 8.4%) and see how that number varies around the country.

Around here there were very few TBs about six months ago and people chased them down pretty quickly when they appeared, now we have a lot more and you will find them without even looking for them.

quote:
Originally posted by Team Golden:

I'm curious on how many travel bugs are in your area say within 25 miles?

There are only 61 caches within a 50 mile radius of me, so I am not surprised that there is only 1 travel bug, a couple have come through, and I have placed a couple but they don't stick around long.

But since I am not that far from LA, the number of caches increases dramatically the further away one goes — 618 within 100 miles.

http://www.geocities.com/laraley2001/redshoes_geocache_signature.jpg