Commonwealths, not States

Let's toss out all of the rights and benefits accorded to the several states. Of course we would also need to consider the many $$ the commonwealths contribute to the national well being. Then again, I can see certain benefits that could be obtained by excluding the commonwealths. :laughing:

Without the Commonwealths of Virginia, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania, and the Coal that we supply this Nation, those cold winter nights up North would be much colder without electricty. Not so funny now is it?

Do we pay you for your coal? <_<

My God, some of you people take yourselves much, much too seriously! My post wasn't serious and thanks to your "I am so offended by the thought of Commonwealths responses" I won a bet.

On well, to be really politically incorrect for some of you, "God bless us everyone" and a very Merry Christmas to all!

:) :) :)

So... it really was a troll, after all, huh? :D

Gee, we really wish we had your insight.

The question may not have been serious and certainly we didn't take most of the responses seriously, but it was real and we could have been proven wrong.

Trolling? That's like beauty, "it's in the eye of the beholder!" Anyway, if you are right which we certainly do not concede, you bit hook, line and sinker! Now from the "Commonwealth" of Virginia, we will gently put you back into the water!

Merry Christmas. :D

P.S. Did you know what the bet was? You had to know that in order to determine if it was a trolling attempt?

Edited by Konnarock Kid & Marge

Let's toss out all of the rights and benefits accorded to the several states. Of course we would also need to consider the many $ the commonwealths contribute to the national well being. Then again, I can see certain benefits that could be obtained by excluding the commonwealths. :laughing:

Without the Commonwealths of Virginia, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania, and the Coal that we supply this Nation, those cold winter nights up North would be much colder without electricty. Not so funny now is it?

Do we pay you for your coal? <_<

Santa gets a very deep discount for stocking coal.

Gee, we really wish we had your insight.

The question may not have been serious and certainly we didn't take most of the responses seriously, but it was real and we could have been proven wrong.

Trolling? That's like beauty, "it's in the eye of the beholder!" Anyway, if you are right which we certainly do not concede, you bit hook, line and sinker! Now from the "Commonwealth" of Virginia, we will gently put you back into the water!

Merry Christmas. :D

P.S. Did you know what the bet was? You had to know that in order to determine if it was a trolling attempt?

We have all trolled at some point (I know I am guilty).

This exact subject, the state v commonwealth debate, has come up before (with someone who was really truly that GS had the gall to refer to PA as a state), and it is great fodder for arguing. Especially by those from "real states".

I stepped right into it :blink: In my defense I offer this lame response. Your home page says your home is TN. However your last response says you are in VA. Had I known that, I would have responded differently.

I don't know for sure what your bet was, but I have suspicions. I hope the stakes included some of that fine Tennessee sipping whiskey :lol:. I expect to enjoy some when I stop down to visit Vandy in a few weeks.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.