Say something to whom ever stole your travel bug

Ruprex

This is in memory of my first travel bug, Dookie: http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=17181

Dookie didn't make it very far on his journey. In fact, he didn't even make it far enough to get his own special little travel map; something every TB strives for. I just wanted to say a little something to whom ever took poor little Dookie. I hope you treat him well and I hope he craps on you. icon_biggrin.gif

-Let's play Global Thermonuclear War-

My travel bug Alice the Travel Bunny has recently been MIA. The last person who grabbed the travel bug was rather new (only 12 finds) and says that he actually took the travel bug tag OFF of the rabbit and left the rabbit/camera in the cache....yet I don't believe that the rabbit is there or that he went back to retrieve it icon_frown.gif I wish he'd answer my email.

Alice.....where are you!??

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=6606

buneatg.gifI am the Rabbit King, I can do anything

I put The Blue Machine into my Cherry Cache back in July 02 when it was created. The first finder, Vucko, retrieved it and it's been his hands since then! This was his first and only find.

I've tried emailing him several times....no replies! I might make my future caches Members Only for the first few finds to minimize this behavior.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=7678

Hey P-a-e n-t-.......where is the captain??? Please beam him into a cache soon. If he's lost please let us know. Please answer our numerous emails. icon_mad.gif I see your still caching & dropping off other TB's. icon_confused.gif If the dog ate him, well what can you do. icon_eek.gif Just let us know. Please, please..... icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

ron50eli&rocker51 :

Happy & Safe Caching.

quote:
Originally posted by ShaneN4Girls:

Ruprex,

I'm sure it wasn't your bug, I'm in Texas and it had no tags, but I saw a keychain just like your 'Dookie' at a cache this last Wednesday. Little guy made me laugh. If I get a chance, I'll go back and get him now.

Whatever you do, don't sqeeze him too hard...

Ahhh yes, Dookie has many relatives. I think I'll send a replica of him back out soon. He need to bring more smiles to many more people!

quote:
Originally posted by Natureboy1376:

My TB GoTee hasn't moved in months, I think hes in NY..

Now can I say something to who stole my car this past weekend....arrrr better not this is a family board!

See you in the woods!

Natureboy1376

Oh my! Yeah, better not. Sorry Bro!

I don't think people actually 'steal' them.

They 'Just don't get it'.

I mean, It's such a hard concept to grasp! Logging a find - then placing it somewhere when you log another cache - at least two steps - pretty tough.

All these steps of course assumes the finder/taker can read too. This seem somewhat doubtful from the frequency of TB disappearances.

I have a bug I'd like to put into circulation but maybe I'll just keep it and log it into and out of caches I visit. At least I can keep track of it awhile that way.

Oh my! Yeah, better not. Sorry Bro!

yeah I'm just glad i took out my new snowboard, 2000$ worth the photo eq.,and my new GPS leagend out before i went out..still the thieves got away with some good sh....STUFF...I wont let it stop me though, i plan to cache asap......!

Cache Now, shovel the snow later!!!

See You In the Woods!!!

Natureboy1376

Mission Objective: "Batman Returns" will be implemented this Saturday.

• Sent another e-mail to the "cacher/hostage taker"
  • Sent an e-mail to the last "responsible" cacher who had the bug
  • On the six month anniversary of the date in which the bug was taken from the last known cache (which will be this Saturday), I will recall the bug to my possession.
  • A clone of the bug is being purchased and the appropriate attachment card is being created.
  • The clone will be mailed to the last responsible cacher, who will rerelease the bug into the wild.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

_Mission Objective: "Batman Returns"_ will be implemented this Saturday.+ Sent another e-mail to the "cacher/hostage taker"+ Sent an e-mail to the last "responsible" cacher who had the bug+ On the six month anniversary of the date in which the bug was taken from the last known cache (which will be this Saturday), I will recall the bug to my possession.+ A clone of the bug is being purchased and the appropriate attachment card is being created.+ The clone will be mailed to the last responsible cacher, who will rerelease the bug into the wild.

http://www.markwell.us

http://www.chicagogeocaching.com

One of mine went AWOL and the person that has it has refused to respond to emails. Just stinks imho.icon_mad.gif

Webfoot icon_razz.gif

Tromping through the underbrush looking for Ammo cans, Tupperware containers, & little round disks.

Dookie Lives!!!! There is hope Gentleman. Apparently the cacher who took my bug logged him as a drop in the wrong cache icon_rolleyes.gif

It's hard to get this travel bug thing down, isn't it... He's back in proper circulation now.

Anyway, I hope all works out well for the rest of you. Thanks for letting me vent here!!

I have put five Travel Bugs out and two of them were taken out of caches on Feb. 5th by new cachers the last time either has loged on was the 7th of Feb. The one in Fl. still shows active. The one in SC. shows inactive. The one in SC didn't even log him out of the cache. But did say in his notes that he had him.

One was a Crystal on a key chain it was called Crystal, the other was a key chain with the head of the statue of liberty on one side and the arm with torch on the other side, it was called Friendship.

There are people around here that goes to caches but are not logged on to Geoching and dose not enter a log at the caches.

Mejas

Some one must be reading these messages. Above I wrote that two of my TB's had been taken by newbie. A little later I recieved E-mail from the one in SC stating that Friendship was in Ireland Co. Clare. But they had failed to write the number down. They sent thier e-mail address and wanted to know if I would send the number to them. I tried but it was returned. So I tried to reply, but that was returned too. By the way they are carter members sense August 2002.

Mejas icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

I've got an MIA TB. Unfortunatly it's not mine and I've lost it in a move. It will turn up and I will get it placed. But...Not today. That reminds me I need to email the owner and tell them. This task would be easier if I had any idea how to look up a TB without it's number.

If you've logged the bug as taken, it will be linked from the list of travel bugs you see when you go to "my cache page."

Well, it's been 219 days since Jethro of Borg has been out of commission. The last known geocachers to see him alive did kindly return my emails about 4 months ago and said that due to some unfortunate circumstances they had been unable to get out caching again. I guess I'll wait til the summer but I have since grabbed him back until I hear from them again. Then it's off to the TB graveyard cache for sure!

10154_200.jpg

RE: Kidnapped travel bugs. That sounds slightly Gnomish. Hopefully they will return some day soon after a trip around the world.