Seasons Greetings to the Canadian Reviewers

Tequila

I was going to post a short note wishing all the best to our reviewers.

Then I thought to take a look at how much work they did in 2010.

Within 200 km of my home coordinates (Markham, ON), there are over 5,200 new caches this year. That does not include the 2010 caches that have already been archived. That makes me think that Ontario is probably close to 7500 or maybe 8,000. Can't imagine the number for all of Canada.

Extrapolate that to guesstimate the amount of volunteer man hours and it starts to look like a huge number.

I sure hope Groundspeak appreciates their effort as much as we do. Caching would be nowhere without the volunteer reviewers.

In Ontario:

Cache Drone

Cache Minder

Cache Tech

Cache Viewer

and an occasional visit from Nomex. :)

Hopefully the rest of Canada will post their reviewer account names and we can wish them all a happy holiday season and thanks for all the effort.

I was going to post a short note wishing all the best to our reviewers.

Then I thought to take a look at how much work they did in 2010.

Within 200 km of my home coordinates (Markham, ON), there are over 5,200 new caches this year. That does not include the 2010 caches that have already been archived. That makes me think that Ontario is probably close to 7500 or maybe 8,000. Can't imagine the number for all of Canada.

Extrapolate that to guesstimate the amount of volunteer man hours and it starts to look like a huge number.

I sure hope Groundspeak appreciates their effort as much as we do. Caching would be nowhere without the volunteer reviewers.

In Ontario:

Cache Drone

Cache Minder

Cache Tech

Cache Viewer

and an occasional visit from Nomex. :)

Hopefully the rest of Canada will post their reviewer account names and we can wish them all a happy holiday season and thanks for all the effort.

To be fair, it is pretty easy to review in Ontario because most cachers are excellent at meeting the guidelines on the first review. They also add reviewer notes to help address any issues in advance which is a huge time saving for everyone.

It would not be wise for me to discuss any of the stats suggested by Tequila (who has become quite a good friend over the last year or two) but I will say that it is very much appreciated the patience of the community when life gets busy for us internally and externally to the activity we all love. So this is my thank you to everyone that has helped me to get the caches from the oven to the table, still hot and fresh.

:cool: CD

edit: word order

Edited by CacheDrone

It has been a great 2010 reviewing caches in Ontario and on occasion in other provinces too. Notes to reviewers are always good, especially the ones that make me laugh. Though the best is when I get to meet you guys in person...see you on the trails and at events :anicute::) Look forward to reviewing your caches in 2011 and beyond.