ANNOUNCING THE 1ST ANNUAL TRAVELBUG CANNONBALL RUN!

Brogan

Photos have been supplied, verifications have been made, all is right with the world once again!

The the Tbs in question that were handled by Strikeforce1 and CCCopperAgency are free to advance from their current positions WITHOUT backtracking. These bugs were actually logged at caches in PA, however the cachers neglected to log this on the bugs web pages. Corrections are/will be made.

The CannonBall Cop has ARRESTED icon_smile.gif two more CB tb's. 05/06 I Busted Team Geo's Humvee, and today 05/07 I finally got Touralis icon_smile.gif after giving me the slipicon_frown.gif in Rochester NY. All prior CB Tb logs have been fixed to reflect their stop in Delta Cache - PA. as per the rules of the game. BTW: this logging in and out is a major inconvience with this many tb's that I'm moving along. If you think about it, for each one that I move form cache to cache - requires a log in and outicon_frown.gif next race there should be exemptions from all this logging in and out "IF PIC's are supplied" that the TB's have visited the Cache in Question. Race Onward TB's. Happy Caching SF1 aka The CannonBall Cop - out and about, arresting tb's.; :

Originally posted by Green Achers:

Brogan and Company are doing just fine.

Heads up... There's some jerk named Cache_Pirate in Arizona that's plungering caches. Beware.

_Bill of Green Achers_

Sounds like a job for The CannonBall Cop to come out and investigate, Do I hereicon_smile.gif ROAD TRIP. SF1 aka the CannonBall Cop.icon_smile.gif

Hey strikeforce - you could bring the Screamin' Gogomobile with you, logging caches in each state of course icon_wink.gif and travel through his hometown of Sedona, AZ on your mission. Sounds like we could use someone with your investigative abilities out here in the wild west! Oh, bring the RumRunner too. We could sip a few rum & cokes when you get here! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Dekaner of Team KKF2A:

Was on my way to PA rather unexpectedly today, so I thought I'd try and pick up a cannonballer or two to help out. Turns out strikeforce has already beaten me to all of them!!

- Dekaner of Team KKF2A

The Magic School Bus is somewhere out there, lonely and afraid. Apparently, Ms. Frizzle is having problems with the bus flying in the correct direction, something about wanting to see the Bay of Fundy and talk of tides, etc.

Someone in New York, please set Ms. Frizzle right.

Webfoot frog.gif

Tromping through the underbrush looking for Ammo cans, Tupperware containers, & little round disks.

Just a note. There are a couple of DUSTOFF's in the system now. Some of us are just having fun with it, and others...

I do honestly believe that it was done in the spirit of the game and my antics about helping bugs to Vermont is too in the spirit of helping a bug win the wrong way award.

Lighten up...

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

I think the whole point of listing the bugs being held was to illustrate how Dustoff stands out like a sore thumb. All of the others are excusable... even if someone's been holding onto one or two bugs for three weeks, that is not nearly the same as driving all the way to Ohio, grabbing a bug that had made forward progress, and moving it backwards to a remote military base in the Adirondacks and then not even releasing it into another cache.

Kidnapping and waylaying one or two bugs is funny. I myself diverted the Pace Car to a remote cache, because I wasn't hurting a "real" race participant, and I only held onto the bug for ONE DAY. ClayJar moved Oscar's Express backwards from Louisiana to north Georgia, which I found to be hysterically funny. Likewise, unintentional diversion or delay of bugs by someone who doesn't understand the race goal will also happen, as is the case for ANY bug with a specific goal.

Intentionally waylaying ten racing bugs and then sitting on them for weeks is not funny, it's mean-spirited. While I do not have a bug in the race, I will do what I can to help along any of the victimized bugs as they pass through my caching territory, and I will follow the "Reverse Golden Rule" if I ever come across a bug owned by Dustoff: Do unto others as they have done unto you.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

.sdrawkcab dootsrednu tub sdrawrof devil si efiL

quote:
Originally posted by DUSTOFF8:

Just a note. There are a couple of DUSTOFF's in the system now. Some of us are just having fun with it, and others...

I do honestly believe that it was done in the spirit of the game and my antics about helping bugs to Vermont is too in the spirit of helping a bug win the wrong way award.

Lighten up...

I'll stand by my prior statements. I'm well aware that there are multiple Dustoff accounts. Some of them enjoy trading stranded Cannonball bugs amongst themselves (see Geogeek65's bug described in the post right above this one). As Dustoff21's profile cross-references several other Dustoffs, I've regarded you all as connected in some way.

You play your game, I'll play mine.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

So you all know...

Race stats are not currently being updated. I'm in the process of moving so I knew there might be some delays and outages, but as it turns out I can't create updates at all at this moment. I'll try to get something working as soon as I can.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

quote:
Originally posted by Egnix:

So you all know...

Race stats are not currently being updated. I'm in the process of moving so I knew there might be some delays and outages, but as it turns out I can't create updates at all at this moment. I'll try to get something working as soon as I can.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for letting everyone know. And Congrats on your racer moving up to third icon_wink.gif

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

The Great Escape has been initiated!!

Web-ling is visiting Cincinnati from Texas, and I drove around grabbing a few bugs here, and the handoff was successful. 7 bugs will be making their way from OH to TX (via KY, TN, and AR). The 7 lucky bugs are:

Cannonball Road Rescue

Heavy Chevy

Racing Pika Bug

2003 Cannonball Mini Cooper

Give Peace a Chance

Cannonball Runner Vince

The Invisible Man's X-Wave Scooter

I feel especially bad for Toby and Tilly Tortoise. I wasn't able to get them in time to hand them off to Web-ling before he left, and he said he won't have time to drive by to where they are on his way home. I feel bad because I put them where they are to get them a bit further south, but if I had just held on to them, then they could be heading to Texas. Oh well, hopefully they will get another chance.

While browsing through this thread, I noticed a post from the owner of Racing Pika, mentioning that she had a chance to set another bug back but chose not to do so, and was therefore hoping for some good karma for her bug. Well here it is!!!

quote:
Originally posted by regoarrarr:

Web-ling is visiting Cincinnati from Texas, and I drove around grabbing a few bugs here, and the handoff was successful. 7 bugs will be making their way from OH to TX (via KY, TN, and AR). The 7 lucky bugs are:

Cannonball Road Rescue

Heavy Chevy

Racing Pika Bug

Give Peace a Chance

Cannonball Runner Vince

I'm open to someone wiring me large sums of money to skip Kentucky with six of the seven - but you'll have to hurry, I'm heading out in a few hours. icon_biggrin.gif

web-lingbutton.gif ntga_button.gif

quote:
While browsing through this thread, I noticed a post from the owner of Racing Pika, mentioning that she had a chance to set another bug back but chose not to do so, and was therefore hoping for some good karma for her bug. Well here it is!!!

Whoo hooo!!!! Thanks!

pokeanim3.gif

I didn't want to disqualify myself, otherwise I would have moved Tilly and Toby a little closer to Web-ling's route. Sorry... icon_frown.gif I did contact Electric Shavers to see if they could bounce down this way. Tomorrow is our CITO event at Mt. Airy forest in Cincinnati. Over 60 cachers have signed up, so I'll bring up the fact that they were missed and see if someone will help them along. Meanwhile I'm wiring Web-ling a little cash... icon_smile.gif (J/K - it's all about the race at this point) Great thanks to all who've helped. I think the popularity of this race has kept this bug the only one of mine that seems to still be active. icon_wink.gif Take care all!

-Mike from Team Mixster

quote:
Originally posted by Mixster:

I think the popularity of this race has kept this bug the only one of mine that seems to still be active. icon_wink.gif

-Mike from Team Mixster

Strange, I was just thinking that this race has done exactly the opposite. My racer is the only one of my bugs that is not active. Thanks to Dustoff21 icon_mad.gif

Night Hunter

usacoolflag.gif

No me gustan los huevos verdes y hamon!!!!!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the maps on the official race site won't be updated for the next week. I will be away until the 26th.

Happy caching,

-Junglehair

There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Junglehair,

Hope you're on vacation - but thanks for the update. My apologies on not keeping my stats page up, I just couldn't keep up with it (and I was doing it manually) icon_frown.gif However, this is a perfect time for a sneak attack... No map updates for a week or so. Hmm... Let's see what happens.

-Mike from Team Mixster

MiGO Racer survived the harsh geography of central new york.

He was arrested and taken westward, then snatched and taken eastward.

He survived a long kidnapping ordeal in the moutnains of New York.

He was released and scooped up by a good samaritan. The samairtan delivered MiGO Racer to its homeland (michigan), where many people stood by to assist the wayward bug westward.

Someone was sent to collect the bug and move it west.

MiGO Racer is not there. Sigh icon_smile.gif

We are anxiously awaiting the re-surfacing of our precious racer and people are being dispatched to get the name of the cacher(s) that may be holding the bug.

I have to say... as annoying as it was for Dustoff21 to hold the bug for as long as it was held... at least I knew where the h-e-double hockey sticks it was icon_smile.gif

Just a little story on Monday.

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A

Saving geocaches - one golf ball at a time.

Flat_MiGeo_A88.gif

Greetings all TB Owners, I was unable to take trip westward last week do to a death and funeral services, as planned last week. I am setting up a trip for Thursday this week, if all goes well. I presently have five CB tb's in my hands and will attempt to Arrest one more before I leave. icon_smile.gif Special NOTE: To Team Sax, I got your jazz song last night, You really didn't need to do iticon_smile.gif but it was the best response I've gotten. icon_wink.gif, I'll make sure you will gain the extra miles. Sorry for the delay on movement, it was beyond my control to not take the trip. Onward and Westward Hooo! HAppy Caching. Strikeforce1 aka the CannonBall Cop.:

Greetings Junglehair, just a note to let you know that all your hard work will be missed while your awayicon_frown.gif. Personally, I take my hat off to youicon_wink.gif and all of the NYGO Team for keeping things up to speed. I check the site every day that I intend to cache, to see what TB's are close to ARREST. I hope you are R&Ricon_smile.gif, we'll await your return. Strikeforce1 aka the CannonBall Cop!

quote:
Originally posted by regoarrarr:

Web-ling is visiting Cincinnati from Texas, and I drove around grabbing a few bugs here, and the handoff was successful. 7 bugs will be making their way from OH to TX (via KY, TN, and AR).

Drat! 4x4 Lightning was placed into a cache in Louisville, KY by the next cacher after Web-ling had hit it.

Sorry to hear about your bad news.

quote:
Originally posted by strikeforce1:

Special NOTE: To Team Sax, I got your jazz song last night, You really didn't need to do iticon_smile.gif but it was the best response I've gotten. icon_wink.gif, I'll make sure you will gain the extra miles. Sorry for the delay on movement, it was beyond my control to not take the trip...

I had tried to email the mp3 file to you, but it was too big - even zipped! I decided the only way would be to post it on my website. BTW, did you read the newspaper article I was in?

bandbass.gif

These Cannonball Run TB's are now in my possession in Texas:

Cannonball Road Rescue

Heavy Chevy

Racing Pika Bug

Give Peace a Chance

Cannonball Runner Vince

I'm open to bribes for preferred placement - or for holding on to someone else's. icon_biggrin.gif

My (Heavy Duty) Travel Bug is still in GC5E93 Ampersand View where Dustoff21 left it over a month ago. He was the last visitor to the cache.

Where my son used to ask about Our TB every day he doesn't even ask anymore.

When he started the hobby he always thought the idea was to help Travel Bugs towards their goals and always questened what would motivate someone to steal travel bugs that went missing. Now he wonders if Dustoff21 has any kids.

I figure that someday our TB will make it back to CA. But for now we must be very near last place.

quote:
Originally posted by Web-ling:

Cannonball Runner Vince

Give Peace a Chance

I'm open to bribes for preferred placement - or for holding on to someone else's. icon_biggrin.gif

How's fame for a bribe ...fortune can be known to follow icon_wink.gif

Time.jpg

Web-ling takes the lead as Cannonball RUNNER!

quote:
Originally posted by Egnix:

For those wondering about the status on the stats...

It's probably going to be Monday before I get to get the stats updater working again. I've very sorry for the long outage. My backup plan didn't work....

I'm sitting here knowing that I've fallen quite a few places but I still want to see the stats to make it "official". Now I need to add some bugs to my watch list as they get closer and closer to home.

george

Wanna go for a ride?

Noticed....there are several bugs with well over 300 miles on them, that are still in NEW YORK. I only noticed this casue my bug has 350 miles and is back near the beginning. But it's not the leader in Milage...I think Heavy Duty has that, with over 400 miles(at least it did travel out of state)

Give me a Tall ship, and a Star to steer her bye...

The White Fleet....

Strikeforce1 aka the CannonBall Cop has dleivered

all CBtb's in custody (CB tb run #3)todayicon_smile.gif. Some were placed in a cacheicon_frown.gif. Others were handed off to another cacher, who is taking them to an Isle Event in Erie Pa. He will be handing them out for others to move westwardicon_smile.gif. Had I known this, I would have given him all to handle. The tb's in question are - Touralis , Team Geo-Remdation HUMVEE , and Columbia. If you don't see them posted, DON'T POUT , they may not appear until Monday or Tuesday.

quote:
Originally posted by Ttepee:

quote:
Originally posted by Web-ling:

Cannonball Runner Vince

Give Peace a Chance

How's fame for a bribe ...fortune can be known to follow icon_wink.gif

<photo>

Web-ling takes the lead as Cannonball RUNNER!

Vince and Give Peace a Chance were placed in a cache with over 100 logs this morning. icon_smile.gif

The NWPAGeoCachers had a big get-together at Presque Isle yesterday (5/24). Three entrants were brought to the event by various people, and others took them with them to Ohio.

To make things easier, I grabbed these TBs from whoever brought them, and "placed them" in the event cache, where they will be until whoever actually took them logs in.

The three entrants mentioned before are: 18, 56, 66.

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

There must have been another update, I didn't see Touralis on the map 2 hours ago

Wow, you are quick. I posted the updated map, then realized that I had missed a couple of labels. I added them and reposted it about 5 minutes later. You must have checked in between.

-Junglehair

There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Even though my bug is doing fairly well, I'm considering disqualifying myself to get these two tortoise's back on track. They've been sitting in my cache for over a month now w/o moving... If I do, it'll probably be to bring them to the TriState Cacher's meeting in Springdale, OH on 6/12 so if someone can grab them and move them before then, great. If not, it'll *seem* like a move backwards, but in the hands of DLiming, LadyBuggers, or regoarrarr, trust me, they'll make the state line in no time! icon_wink.gif

-Mike from Team Mixster