TravelBug Grabbing

pamap

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I couldn't find the answer. If you have already logged that you found a cache and a few months later a TravelBug appears at that cache, can you re-visit that cache specifically for the purpose of grabbing the TravelBug. In this case it is close to my home and real easy to access and nobody seems to be visiting it very often. TravelBug has been there several weeks. If allowed to do this, how to you handle this. I know you wouldn't log your visit a second time.

quote:
If you have already logged that you found a cache and a few months later a TravelBug appears at that cache, can you re-visit that cache specifically for the purpose of grabbing the TravelBug?

Sure! People do that all the time. You just leave a note, not a "found it" log.

The point of a travel bug is to keep it moving in accordance with it's destination/goal. If we couldn't re-visit caches to help bugs out, bugs wouldn't move very much and be pretty darn borring.

Of course, always remember to log that you have the bug right away... but if you read this forum much at all, then you know that horse is already very dead.

--- Two paths diverged in a wood, and my... my GPSr pointed dead center between them. ---

I understand you approve of going back to a cache to take a TB that's been placed there after your first visit, but what are the thoughts on going back to a cache to reclaim a TB you originally placed in the cache because no one has been to move the TB on for weeks/months? The idea is then to move the TB on to somewhere more popular. A downside could be someone could just keep moving a TB back and forth to increase its travel distance (I see how sensitive some people are to TB abuse).

quote:
Originally posted by crr003:

what are the thoughts on going back to a cache to reclaim a TB you originally placed in the cache because no one has been to move the TB on for weeks/months? The idea is then to move the TB on to somewhere more popular. A downside could be someone could just keep moving a TB back and forth to increase its travel distance (I see how sensitive some people are to TB abuse).

It's absolutely valid to grab your own travel bug to move it to another cache, in hopes of having someone grab it there.

If nobody else has logged it for weeks or months, I can't imagine anyone would accuse you mileage padding. The situation you described is completely different than keeping a TB in your possession, and logging it into and back out of caches, without giving anyone else a chance to find it.

-------

"I may be slow, but at least I'm sweet!" 196939_800.jpg