New forum format - love it or hate it...

T.R.a.M.P.

Personally, I am finding the lack of contrast with grey on grey really difficult to browse with ...

At the bottom of the forum there's a drop down box which probably has "Geocaching" in it, change this to IP.Board and the forum format changes, not necessarily better but certainly different and it doesn't have a grey background.

Personally, I am finding the lack of contrast with grey on grey really difficult to browse with ...

At the bottom of the forum there's a drop down box which probably has "Geocaching" in it, change this to IP.Board and the forum format changes, not necessarily better but certainly different and it doesn't have a grey background.

:blink: Gosh! IP Board setting is bright, after these grey settings...

Thanks for that, at least I can see easily what everything says now.

Not sure I like the format, but it is better than the grey, and I'll give it a go.

Yet more half-arsed eye-candy IMHO

It wasn't broke. They fixed it. AGAIN

<scouser>Calm down, calm down.</scouser>

It was broke. Remember all the timeouts? When you move to a new server, you have to reinstall, and there probably isn't hardware available for purchase which runs the prehistoric version of IPB which was in use until last week. And "big fonts" is where it's at on Teh Intarwebz right now, it seems. I like my information nice and dense on the page too, but I'm getting older, so it's also nice to be able to make out the letters.

And "big fonts" is where it's at on Teh Intarwebz right now

I beg to differ, the only big fonts in forums that I have seen so far are on this site. Yes, there may be a place for big fonts but its not in forums with hundred of thousands of posts . I'm all up for a change but not when its detrimental to its usage.

The new style has rendered the use the forums on a PC/Laptop using the worlds most popular browser to be unsatisfactory. If you like the big fonts then that great and I'm sure that TPTB could add a style to cater for this requirement however it would be much better if the standard style was changed so that a reasonable number of topics could be viewed at once and when you open up a topic you can see a few posts all at the same time.

With the styling at present to get to the UK section of the forum I need to turn the mouse wheel 12 times. I fail to see how this can be seen as 'progress'

Edited by Big Wolf

I dont like it so much, whether it is because you get used to one thing and the change is never good.

The bit i have missed the most is the "top" tab to get you back to the start or top of the page, or am i missing it?

I also much prefer the IP Board setting, much friendlier on the eye.

Oh well changes like these may well put people of using the forum all together.

Don't like the fact that there is now no Top button

Pressing the Home key on your keyboard should get you to the top. That is with IE, not sure if this works with other browsers.

Just tried it using Firefox...

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Straight to the top of the page.

(Not that I ever used the "Top" button anyway...)

MrsB