New forum format - love it or hate it...

T.R.a.M.P.

Not sure where I stand on love it or hate it :mad::huh: but I really miss the Greasemonkey forum tools :laughing:

Anyone looking to update them, pretty please?:P:laughing::o

I'm not sure what has changed. It looks the same to me, with some cosmetic changes. Hopefully they have also changed it over to a database engine with more grunt to end the dreaded mysql timeouts.

Not sure where I stand on love it or hate it :mad::huh: but I really miss the Greasemonkey forum tools :laughing:

I'm not sure what has changed. It looks the same to me, with some cosmetic changes. Hopefully they have also changed it over to a database engine with more grunt to end the dreaded mysql timeouts.

I'm not actually quoting the above comments I just wanted to see what it looks like when you quote a post that has a quote in it.

I'm not actually quoting the above comments I just wanted to see what it looks like when you quote a post that has a quote in it.

I quite like the different colours of quotes. I think previous quotes before the upgrade don't look like this though.

It looks lovely but the font is so large, and there is so much wasted space, it makes it unfrieldly and difficult to use. It used to be quick to scroll up and down but at present I can only see 8 topics or 2 posts at a time :huh:

That might be your browser settings - I get 19 threads to a screen....

I quite like the different colours of quotes. I think previous quotes before the upgrade don't look like this though.

Yay! Appears sorted - am liking the colours....

Anyone looking to update them, pretty please?:P:o:P

Now the critical stuff that we all need to know: How many quotes (and how many different colours) within quotes before it gets borked? :laughing: MrsB

Anyone looking to update them, pretty please?:P:o:P

Now the critical stuff that we all need to know: How many quotes (and how many different colours) within quotes before it gets borked? :laughing: MrsB

whos been sick?

Does it run out of colours after a certain depth of quoting quoted quotes?

... just saw someone else beat me to it ... oh well ...

Edited by team tisri

Photo has no relevance at all.... just wanted to see how they look in the new layout

cow.jpg

EDIT... Oooo... It's been resized. Does that mean that there'll be no need to sideways scroll now if some fool posts an enormous photo? :laughing:

... Do you mean you posted an enormous photo? :huh:

:mad::laughing:

Still playing. Not sure if I like or hate. :P

Well it wouldn't have been 'oversize' on the old forum but there's so much wasted space on the left side of the new one that the room for the actual post now seems considerably smaller.

Has anyone found any 'Forum Settings' anywhere? Is anything 'adjustable'?

Photo has no relevance at all.... just wanted to see how they look in the new layout

cow.jpg

EDIT... Oooo... It's been resized. Does that mean that there'll be no need to sideways scroll now if some fool posts an enormous photo? :o

... Do you mean you posted an enormous photo? :P

:laughing: :laughing:

Still playing. Not sure if I like or hate. :mad:

Well it wouldn't have been 'oversize' on the old forum but there's so much wasted space on the left side of the new one that the room for the actual post now seems considerably smaller.

Has anyone found any 'Forum Settings' anywhere? Is anything 'adjustable'?

Settings are accessed by arrow next to your username top right of page. Certainly different :huh:

It looks lovely but the font is so large, and there is so much wasted space, it makes it unfrieldly and difficult to use. It used to be quick to scroll up and down but at present I can only see 8 topics or 2 posts at a time :blink:

That might be your browser settings - I get 19 threads to a screen....

That may be but I dont have any issues on any other forum I use . (looks like its browser dependant, its more usable in Chrome and Firefox but not so good in IE8 - which I use all the time)

Edited by Big Wolf

Tis a killer on the eyes for me ;) but then again I use it very rarely nowadays anyway...

It's.....it's.....errr....big and bulky and blocky and chunky and square......and dull and boring, I mean grey and whit how exciting NOT

It looks very amateurish to me like the kind of forum kids would knock up to chat, some of the regional forums are better than this!! It certainly does not look like a successful companys forum!!

I don't like it, but folks don't like change do they?

I suppose we will have to get used to it, it will be a case of like it or lump it :blink:

Mandy :D

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

I hate it. It's a horrible, hateful space hogger of a layout. From the top, I can only see as far down as the first 2 pinned topics. There is far too much wasted space between the posts and the default font size is way too big.

There is no break between the posts and the signature, and the flags have gone from the country forums as well.

Having said all of that, it's not likely to change so we might as well get used to it.

Edited by Stuey

<< wonders if everybody else is looking at the same forum?

I don't see a huge amount of wasted space, the text is easy on the eyes (my eyes, anyway), threads are easily identified, and I have this marvellous little wheel on top of my mouse that lets me scroll up and down to my hearts content......

54ecd42f-8f87-448e-9404-629e8235e249.jpg

f065ed2e-7726-4c04-8fdb-12f6fd9a3e38.jpg

We even get to wysiwyg our responses now :blink:

Edited by keehotee

<< wonders if everybody else is looking at the same forum?

I don't see a huge amount of wasted space, the text is easy on the eyes (my eyes, anyway), threads are easily identified, and I have this marvellous little wheel on top of my mouse that lets me scroll up and down to my hearts content......

54ecd42f-8f87-448e-9404-629e8235e249.jpg

f065ed2e-7726-4c04-8fdb-12f6fd9a3e38.jpg

We even get to wysiwyg our responses now :blink:

Stop boasting about your massive monitor ;)

This is what I see - completely unusable note the font size on the page in comparison to the text on the toolbars.

I'm sure you've probably already tried - but you can resize the font in IE (and Chrome) by pressing the CTRL key and using the scroll wheel on your mouse?

Its a wide screen laptop with the resolution set to 1366 x 768 - which works great on every other forum I use without the need to mess about with the CTRL key.

Yes using CTRL and scroll (reducing it to 70%) makes it better why should anyone have to do this to fix what is after all a style sheet coding issue.

Edited by Big Wolf

Aside from it looking so dreary ,

we don't like it because for our eyes it is more difficult to read the print .

A bit like some books these days,especially cookery books.

So many recently have the recipes printed in grey type on coloured backgrounds.

Impossible for Mrs T.A. to read so they don't get bought by us .

Like Big Wolf, I find the font size far too big so using the CTRL key and mouse wheel in Firefox I can reduce the size to something sensible...

but then I can't read the grey on grey type..so its zoom in again...and then zoom out.

Rather a waste of time I think. Change the colour scheme please!

(oh, and can someone fix the ignore topic Greasemonkey script pronto?)

This is what I see - completely unusable note the font size on the page in comparison to the text on the toolbars.

I'm sure you've probably already tried - but you can resize the font in IE (and Chrome) by pressing the CTRL key and using the scroll wheel on your mouse?

Mouse? I use a laptop on my lap.... A bit of a PITA having to scroll so much. The fancy sky/cacher/tree image at the top takes up a quarter of the screen!