Forum makeover

bittsen

I miss the "Top" button.

Me,too. And I know there's a home button, but sometimes I'm just too lazy to move my hand that much. ;)

A few things off the top of my head: I can't see a way to follow pm's, to see if the person I sent it to received it. I don't think I have a lists of cachers that I pm regularly anymore (can't remember what that was called?). There's an error when you try and look up users by either Member Name or Last Click.

Otherwise, I'm doing fine with the changes. :)

Edited by Ambrosia

I don't much care for the drab greys. Maybe something with a bit of color. Perhaps the soft minty green that is used for the quote box.

As to any of the other uses I just stopped by so I havent seen what else is new. It looks a bit busier though than before & somewhat 'chunky'. Not quite a warm fuzzy feeling. Hmmmm......will have to see how it goes after a bit.

Thanks to those who put in the work though to try to make things better. Just because I'm not too crazy about it so far doesnt mean I dont appreciate your efforts.

The other day I noticed that I am no longer signed into the forums as invisible. I tried to reset this by logging off and logging back on (which is where that option was available previously I think) but I didn't see the option anymore.

I like practicing my stealth...even when on-line...is there any way to log in as invisible again? :ph34r:

The other day I noticed that I am no longer signed into the forums as invisible. I tried to reset this by logging off and logging back on (which is where that option was available previously I think) but I didn't see the option anymore.

I like practicing my stealth...even when on-line...is there any way to log in as invisible again? :ph34r:

Don't worry, it's still on the sign in page:

signin2.jpg

signin2.jpg

Thanks! (Though I did honestly check this last week and didn't see the box) Either I need glasses or they are still tweaking things around here. :laughing:

signin2.jpg

Thanks! (Though I did honestly check this last week and didn't see the box) Either I need glasses or they are still tweaking things around here. :laughing:

:ph34r::laughing:

I miss the "Top" button.

Unless you're reading the forums on a mobile device, your keyboard should have a "Home" key. Click your heels together three times, and press that key.

Or, way at the very bottom left of the forum layout is a button that says "Back to Top." It's even available on the mobile skin - but at the center right at the bottom of the screen.

So that's what that "home" key does.

Signed me, Computer Challenged

Thanks

I miss the "Top" button.

Unless you're reading the forums on a mobile device, your keyboard should have a "Home" key. Click your heels together three times, and press that key.

Or, way at the very bottom left of the forum layout is a button that says "Back to Top." It's even available on the mobile skin - but at the center right at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks

Didn't know that either. But I still miss the 'top' button. I'm either in a keyboard phase or a mouse phase. I feel sorry for the ladies in the bank: mouse, type, mouse, type. That doesn't work for me. One or the other. (Big problem with our new software at work!) Mousing is there to make using the program easier/quicker. In the fora, I'm usually in a mouse mode. Give me something to click on. Don't make me type. Oh, well. :shocked:

I miss the "Top" button.

Thanks

Didn't know that either. But I still miss the 'top' button. I'm either in a keyboard phase or a mouse phase. I feel sorry for the ladies in the bank: mouse, type, mouse, type. That doesn't work for me. One or the other. (Big problem with our new software at work!) Mousing is there to make using the program easier/quicker. In the fora, I'm usually in a mouse mode. Give me something to click on. Don't make me type. Oh, well. :shocked:

Coincidentally, the "End" key will take you to the bottom of the page. :)

I do a fair amount of user training for the software I support. Over the years I have raced data entry people a few times when they claimed head down data entry was faster than using the mouse as well as the keyboard. I am no super typist but I have never lost a time test against the head down proponents. My point is that a combination of keyboard and mouse is typically more effecient than all one or all the other.

I miss the "Top" button.

Thanks

By the way, Keystone was only kidding about clicking your heels together.

so click on the scroll bar at the top just bellow the arrow...you're at the top of the page instantly :D

toppage.jpg

mouse gestures are the other kind of solution to this. left-up and left-down are the gestures you're looking for with the plugin i'm using.

why is everyone a MALE in this forum? :laughing:

allmale.jpg

Nice catch!! I hope that means that we'll have the opportunity to select our sex er gender at some point. I didn't see the option when I went into my profile...but then again, I may need glasses so... :lol:

Hyper-correction rears its ugly head. The mnemonic is usually stated something like "People have sex. Words and ideas have gender." The somewhat shocking nature of the first sentence is meant to reinforce memory. http://www.who.int/gender/whatisgender/en/index.html Mark Twain famously wrote on the problems of an English (which doesn't assign gender much to German which does) speaker learning German. http://www.cs.utah.edu/~gback/awfgrmlg.html

Why somebody's gender sex is relevant in what should be a cosmopolitan forum is beyond me. Perhaps that is an option they forgot to turn off. I don't care what your gender or sex is, unless it's relevant. Like, on the subject of playground caches.

I like the new forum look, myself. I don't care for the top graphic, but I never have to see it past the first post. The grey on gray is pleasant.

why is everyone a MALE in this forum? :laughing:

allmale.jpg

Nice catch!! I hope that means that we'll have the opportunity to select our sex er gender at some point. I didn't see the option when I went into my profile...but then again, I may need glasses so... :lol:

Hyper-correction rears its ugly head. The mnemonic is usually stated something like "People have sex. Words and ideas have gender." The somewhat shocking nature of the first sentence is meant to reinforce memory. http://www.who.int/gender/whatisgender/en/index.html Mark Twain famously wrote on the problems of an English (which doesn't assign gender much to German which does) speaker learning German. http://www.cs.utah.edu/~gback/awfgrmlg.html

Why somebody's gender sex is relevant in what should be a cosmopolitan forum is beyond me. Perhaps that is an option they forgot to turn off. I don't care what your gender or sex is, unless it's relevant. Like, on the subject of playground caches.

*sigh*

another amusing forum post causes confusion.