Forum makeover

bittsen

(I have a feeling this could be an example of "facebook syndrome" - Everytime anything gets changed on fb there's mass wailing and weeping and The End Of (facebook) Life As We Know It. A couple of weeks later everyone's used to it, glitches have been sorted and nobody remembers what it used to look like anyway. Then all is OK... until the next change around...)

MrsB

I agree with this.

I actually like it and I'm usually a "Change is Bad" kinda person.

the look and feel will take some getting used to...haven't formed an opinion yet.

As long as functionality is improved, that is what is important.

(I do like the way the colors change in the nested quotes :-)

Exactly! I could (not) care less about the color. My #1 hope is that it takes care of the performance issues that we've all struggled with for years. If it does, then I am content.

I like the colored quotations. Hmmm.... I wonder what the quote limit is now... teeheehee!! :huh:

Gee, Knowschad... that is a Very Good Question!

I bet ten.

(I have a feeling this could be an example of "facebook syndrome" - Everytime anything gets changed on fb there's mass wailing and weeping and The End Of (facebook) Life As We Know It. A couple of weeks later everyone's used to it, glitches have been sorted and nobody remembers what it used to look like anyway. Then all is OK... until the next change around...)

MrsB

I agree with this.

I actually like it and I'm usually a "Change is Bad" kinda person.

I haven't played with it much but so far I like it.

the look and feel will take some getting used to...haven't formed an opinion yet.

Exactly! I could (not) care less about the color. My #1 hope is that it takes care of the performance issues that we've all struggled with for years. If it does, then I am content.

I like the colored quotations. Hmmm.... I wonder what the quote limit is now... teeheehee!! :huh:

I bet ten.

At 6 so far.

OK. I was just kidding.

So was I .............. ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Maybe

There are some issues with the style sheet. We'll clean it up over the next couple of days.
Quotes updated (for example)
Since you are working on the quotes, please only quote one level deep. A quoted, quote of a quote gets a little tedious when it is quoted again in another quote..........

It had to be done at some point...I am surprised it went this long without be quoted again...

I bet ten.

At 6 so far.

7 maybe?

I bet ten.

At 6 so far.

7 maybe?

This makes eight.

the look and feel will take some getting used to...haven't formed an opinion yet.As long as functionality is improved, that is what is important.(I do like the way the colors change in the nested quotes :-)
I bet ten.
At 6 so far.
7 maybe?
This makes eight.

Just trying to help...

the look and feel will take some getting used to...haven't formed an opinion yet.As long as functionality is improved, that is what is important.(I do like the way the colors change in the nested quotes :-)
I bet ten.
At 6 so far.
7 maybe?
This makes eight.

Just trying to help...

I bet ten.
At 6 so far.
7 maybe?
This makes eight.

Just trying to help...

I bet ten.
At 6 so far.
7 maybe?
This makes eight.

Just trying to help...

DOH!

I like the mobile browser update!

I actually dislike it and would prefer an option to see the standard version. My iPhone is capable of seeing full HTML sites, I'll take advantage of that instead of seeing dumbed down versions.

Also, ive had to re submitt login info each time I come to the site from my phone, haven't tried via PC yet...

Sorry... I just don't get the "wasted white space" thing. White space is good. Crowded is bad.

I am thrilled by this upgrade. I miss that my "last post read" tracker isn't working, but that won't be an issue for very long.

I like it, too. I'm a little bit bummed that the tracking for the messages I've already read was lost in the transfer. On the other hand, I've been away for ten days, so I should probably just mark everything read and start over, anyway.

I actually dislike it and would prefer an option to see the standard version. .

As often as I've seen variations on "I hate the new web site, please change it back" it's not very common to have multiple versions of a web site, especially when there may be some underlying dependencies (like a database) that won't work with both versions.

So far I like what I've seen for the new forums site.

I would like to reply to show everyone the NEW media button that allows you to post a video right on the forums. No more having to click a link to go elsewhere. Now this is very nice.

Merry Christmas Jeremy, thank you for our present.

Shirley~

Got a Twitter button now in the reply editor toolbar, too. Not sure what that's used for.

Edited by knowschad

As often as I've seen variations on "I hate the new web site, please change it back" it's not very common to have multiple versions of a web site, especially when there may be some underlying dependencies (like a database) that won't work with both versions.

I dint mind the new forums, but the mobile version is buggy and hard to use and there is no way, that I can see, to switch to the standard, web, version.

I dint mind the new forums, but the mobile version is buggy and hard to use and there is no way, that I can see, to switch to the standard, web, version.

I wanted to see what the next quote color would be. :blink: (now that's a let down)

It'll take some getting used to, but I like it.

Edited by sanssheriff

When in Moble version, do you still have the dropdowns at the bottom of the page that says IP.Board Mobile (next to the language dropdown)? If so, you should have to more options, Geocaching and IP.Board.

I have a link at the bottom to change the theme and view the full web version

Overall very good. No hangs this morning so that is a plus. Only two gripes. Number one on the list is I liked how with the other forum software when I clicked to mark all topics read it returned to the top level. Now it takes a couple clicks. The number two gripe is can we get a better differentiation between forums with all read topics and forums with unread topics? The variation is subtle. Perhaps a different color or different icon?

I'm surprised there is no option to have different forum skins. I'd go away from the etsy-cutsie BS and back to a plain, utilitarian scheme that was easier on the eyes than this one.

Go down to the very bottom of the page. There's a little drop-down menu box that says "Geocaching." Click on it and select "IP.Board" and your wish will be granted... it won't look exactlylike the old forum page, but it's pretty close.