Not receiving notifications on some of my own caches

DarkZen

An example, I have a cache 'Thunder Rolls' (GC2K879) that I'm not getting notifications on. I've tried everything I could think of but can't fix this. I've even posted a test smiley to be sure - and I didn't get the notification.

To help with the elimination, I've tried the following:

Checked that I'm viewing the right email addy.

Made sure the appropriate boxes were checked in the Instant Notification Service form.

Any help appreciated.

Also (non-related) when I read the forums, responses to the OP are truncated (screen capture). Is this new or have I inadvertently changed the way I view the forum responses. Again, help please.

I have the same problem of not receiving notifications for caches I own. I took care of this by adding all of the caches I own to their own bookmark list, and setting up that bookmark list to email me. :huh: It's more of a bandaid than a solution, but it works...

Thanks for offering up this solution. I too have not received any email notifications since the geocaching.com's last upgrade. I NEED these notifications to manage a challenge cache I have and to maintain my others. I'm gettin NO notifications on my caches - zip - zilch - nada since mid-December. If my caches had problems, I've been completely oblivious. I don't use g-mail and have been receiving emails on watched caches, etc. just fine. Is there a fix in the works for this?!!!

I was having the problem and it ended up being Gmails spam grabber. I added a filter for the email account that Groundspeak uses to send the notifications, and that fixed it. So check your spam folder and add the email address to a whitelist:)

I can usually work my way thru most problems but this is something I apparently cannot figure out how to do and believe me I tried. I need someone to walk me thru this. Thanks for the heads up.

I was having the problem and it ended up being Gmails spam grabber. I added a filter for the email account that Groundspeak uses to send the notifications, and that fixed it. So check your spam folder and add the email address to a whitelist:)

I can usually work my way thru most problems but this is something I apparently cannot figure out how to do and believe me I tried. I need someone to walk me thru this. Thanks for the heads up.

If you are using gmail, it's as easy as adding "noreply@geocaching.com" to your contact list.

If you are using gmail, it's as easy as adding "noreply@geocaching.com" to your contact list.

After reading that (earlier) I added it to my contact list. Did a test log on one of my caches and still nothing. Later, I put my caches on bookmark list with instructions to notify when logged - did another test log and BINGO that worked great. I'm either missing something or ?? Either way, at least I now have a way to receive emails when my caches are logged.