EarthTrek geocoin

geoaware

The EarthTrek citizen science program has released its geocoin.

ETgeocoinF-s.jpg

ETgeocoinB-s.jpg

It's front is 3D and back 2D and designed by the good people at LandSharkz!

It is only available through the EarthTrek Shop.

It is US$14.95 with US$5.00 shipping anywhere on the planet!

See the EarthTrek Shop page for more details (including holiday season orders)

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

What's the size (height vs width)? Also, by "3D", do you mean that the coin is recessed (reverse) 3D? It looks 2D on both sides to me and I can't get a closer look (there's no zoom), so I'm guessing that the 3D on the front is in reverse so that it can be covered up by enamel. Is that right?

edited to add: checked out the main page. What a cool idea! Hope you don't run into people messing up your data collection with information improperly collected, but I like the idea of a "seti-at-home" type approach to wildlife/anthropological research. : )

Edited by Jackalgirl

What's the size (height vs width)? Also, by "3D", do you mean that the coin is recessed (reverse) 3D? It looks 2D on both sides to me and I can't get a closer look (there's no zoom), so I'm guessing that the 3D on the front is in reverse so that it can be covered up by enamel. Is that right?

edited to add: checked out the main page. What a cool idea! Hope you don't run into people messing up your data collection with information improperly collected, but I like the idea of a "seti-at-home" type approach to wildlife/anthropological research. : )

They are 45 mm X 45 mm.

You are correct about the 3D - it is in reverse then covered in clear enamel.

And why not join EarthTrek...we could use more people to come and collect data :huh:

I checked out the EarthTrek program the other day (impressive) and forwarded the link to all the science treachers at my kids schools. ;)

The price of the coin (and shipping) scared me off but this morning, I returned to the site to order one coin (hope I got my order in before the holiday break) and register for the program. :D

:santa: Happy Holidays! :santa: