Garmin 62: basic questions (key lock, profiles, ...)

LucaPCP

I am starting to play more with my Garmin 62st, and I have some basic questions...

Is there a key lock, to prevent keypresses from waking up the screen when the GPS is in my backpack?

What does the "power save" mode do for the display?

If I modify a profile, do I need to "save" the changes, before I move to a new profile? And if I create a new profile, does it inherit the settings of the current profile?

Many thanks!

I dont know about a key lock on the 62.

the power saver mode works by turning off the display instead of just turning off the light. I noticed on my 550 that when I touch the screen it shows where I was and takes half of a second to switch to my spot, but it still saves the track log.

All the changes made to a profile automatically saves when chosen. And yes if you make a new profile in my experience it ts the same as the one you were just on. Also you can make custom backgrounds for your gps just save the pic in the profile folder. The size of the screen is 240 x 400 pixles. I have made different screens for every one of my profiles.

OregonBGboat.jpg

OregonBGBuiltfordtough.jpg

qitmoregonbackdrop.jpg

Also you can make custom backgrounds for your gps just save the pic in the profile folder. The size of the screen is 240 x 400 pixles. I have made different screens for every one of my profiles.

Quadsinthemudd is correct on every point except the "custom backgrounds". This is not an option on the 62 series. You cannot have custom backgrounds on the 62, only pre-defined colors just like it's predecessor the 60(C,S,X,)

>>Is there a key lock, to prevent keypresses from waking up the screen when the GPS is in my backpack?

No, there is no keylock. Garmin has been informed a few months ago, but it looks like they do not want to implement it.

>>What does the "power save" mode do for the display?

turn display off after the light is turned off (parameter in light setting)

>>If I modify a profile, do I need to "save" the changes, before I move to a new profile? And if I create a new profile, does it inherit the settings of the current profile?

no save option - changes will be saved automatically

copy a profile and the settings should be the same

but (!!!) do not invest to much time because currently, there is a bug which sometimes destroys the profile - garmin knows about this bug but could not solve it until now.

Edited by freeday