Garmin 60 CSX Trouble

RCNT

I'm having problems with my unit. Every time I turn it on, it turns itself off seconds later. I've tried new batteries, and plugging it in to an external power supply. Has anybody had similar issues, or is it pooched?

Is it turning completely off or is the screen going dark because of the power saving backlight timeout?

I used to set my timeout to always on.

I'm having problems with my unit. Every time I turn it on, it turns itself off seconds later. I've tried new batteries, and plugging it in to an external power supply. Has anybody had similar issues, or is it pooched?

Is it turning completely off or is the screen going dark because of the power saving backlight timeout?

It's shutting down completely

Definitely sounds like a sick unit. Call Garmin (expect to hold) but their customer service is very good and they'll probably have you send it in and you'll get your replacement in just a few days. Make sure to remove your batteries, memory card, lanyard etc because they'll probably send out a new one & they'll give you new unlock codes for any of your maps.

Definitely sounds like a sick unit. Call Garmin (expect to hold) but their customer service is very good and they'll probably have you send it in and you'll get your replacement in just a few days. Make sure to remove your batteries, memory card, lanyard etc because they'll probably send out a new one & they'll give you new unlock codes for any of your maps.

I'll give that a try.

Thanks!

Before you send it in, try one other thing: Take out the memory card (under the batteries), put the batteries back in, and see if it powers up then. It may be crashing due to some bad data on the card.

BTW when the 60CSx "crashes", the screen just fades away to nothing in about a second. I assume that's what you're seeing.

Edited by Viajero Perdido