GPSMAP 62/78 software version 2.91 Beta

allory

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=5071

Changes made from version 2.90 to 2.91:

Updated magnetic Earth field data

Improved GPS performance

Fixed issue with track navigation sometimes not adding waypoints to the Active Route list

Fixed issue with track and route review from the map page if you came from the elevation plot

Fixed issue with MPC map labels disappearing

Fixed issue with gpi files that have alerts attached to the points

Problems with the software may be reported to 62-78Beta@garmin.com

Improved GPS performance

Fixed issue with track navigation sometimes not adding waypoints to the Active Route list

Fixed issue with track and route review from the map page if you came from the elevation plot

I have the 62s and have just run the webupdater. Says I have the latest version installed.... but the software version on the 62s is showing 2.80.

Anyone else have this problem with the updater?

Where can I find the change log for 2.80 to 2.90 ? Checked the Wiki site and it says latest software is 2.80.

Improved GPS performance

I have the 62s and have just run the webupdater. Says I have the latest version installed.... but the software version on the 62s is showing 2.80.

Where can I find the change log for 2.80 to 2.90 ? Checked the Wiki site and it says latest software is 2.80.

Follow the link in allory's posting.

Just checked mine and it said I have the latest software (2.80) also.

Thanks for confirming the same problem.

<!--quoteo(post=4563519:date=Dec 20 2010, 05:56 AM:name=janandsteve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(janandsteve @ Dec 20 2010, 05:56 AM) 4563519[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

<!--quoteo(post=4562254:date=Dec 18 2010, 08:08 AM:name=allory)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(allory @ Dec 18 2010, 08:08 AM) 4562254[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

<a href="http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=5071" target="_blank">http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=5071</a>

Improved GPS performance

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Follow the link in allory's posting.

The point I was making was my 62s has ver 2.80 - Webupdater will not update to ver 2.90. I was asking for the change log from 2.80 to 2.90 and not to 2.91 beta. Others have confirmed the same prob as above...... anyone know what the issue could be why webupdater will not go to ver 2.90 - webupdater doesnt do betas like WallynSC rightly points out below.

I don't think Webupdater works with Beta releases, I have been wrong before. Download the update from link and install it.

The point I was making was my 62s has ver 2.80 - Webupdater will not update to ver 2.90. I was asking for the change log from 2.80 to 2.90 and not to 2.91 beta. Others have confirmed the same prob as above...... anyone know what the issue could be why webupdater will not go to ver 2.90 - webupdater doesnt do betas like WallynSC

My webdater did not take me beyond 2.80 either. The wiki page and gpsinformation.org do not list a release past 2.80. Although the change history indicates that the beta updates from 2.90 to 2.91, perhaps they were concentrating on their web site and forgot to release 2.90 -- or somebody made a typo.

Edited by mulvaney

I haven't been using the previous "release" version due to problems. With the previous Beta things worked fine for me. With the "release" version I had multiple lockups. Every time the unit tried to recalculate from off road to on road or vice versa the unit (78S) would totally lock. I've been afraid to do another update. Can anybody confirm they've corrected the lockup problems?

WAAS is dead. I haven't gotten a WAAS lock since the "upgrade" to version 2.91. Am I the rule or the exception?

Yep, WAAS is dead for me too, in Regina Canada. Used to be able to receive 46 and 51 loud and clear, and of course 48 before it went offline last week... now its like it ignores the WAAS/EGNOS setting, as it doesn't reserve the far-rightmost bar in the satellite view for WAAS.... e-mail sent to garmin's beta email address....

I don't think Webupdater works with Beta releases, I have been wrong before. Download the update from link and install it.

The installation instructions are missing... I wonder if anyone can point me to them? Thanks!

I had no WAAS either. Garmin just released 2.92 beta for the WAAS problem. Seems like we are the beta testers for Garmin.

http://www8.garmin.c...ils.jsp?id=5071

* Fixed issues with WAAAS/EGNOS

* Fixed issue with progress bar displaying properly on power up

* Fixed issue with track navigation not adding waypoints to the Active Route list when they are exactly equal to a track point

* Problems with the software may be reported to 62-78Beta@garmin.com

I had no WAAS either. Garmin just released 2.92 beta for the WAAS problem. Seems like we are the beta testers for Garmin.

http://www8.garmin.c...ils.jsp?id=5071

* Fixed issues with WAAAS/EGNOS

* Fixed issue with progress bar displaying properly on power up

* Fixed issue with track navigation not adding waypoints to the Active Route list when they are exactly equal to a track point

* Problems with the software may be reported to 62-78Beta@garmin.com

I never went to 2.91 but 2.92 worked perfectly for me. I had a full screen of Ds on the GPS screen within 5 minutes of powering back on after the update.