Oregon software version 4.11 Beta

allory

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4741

Changes made from version 4.10 to 4.11:

Updated magnetic Earth field data

Improved GPS performance

Fixed issue with track navigation sometimes not adding waypoints to the Active Route list

Fixed issue with MPC map labels disappearing

Fixed shutdown on the map page when you have a geocache dashboard active and return after pressing the geocache name

Problems with the software may be reported to OregonBeta@garmin.com.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4741

Changes made from version 4.10 to 4.11:

Updated magnetic Earth field data

Improved GPS performance

Fixed issue with track navigation sometimes not adding waypoints to the Active Route list

Fixed issue with MPC map labels disappearing

Fixed shutdown on the map page when you have a geocache dashboard active and return after pressing the geocache name

Problems with the software may be reported to OregonBeta@garmin.com.

Did the update, no problems. Now showing Beta Software 4.11 and GPS Software Version 5.00

Well I did the update last night. Everything went well during the update. The when it fired up. I noticed the WAAS birds flew the coop. I went into the system settings and sure enough it reverted back to Normal. I switched it back to WAAS/EGNOS. Then let it sit a while they were still gone. Got up this morning looked again. Not there. Set the oregon outside in complete view of the sky for about a half hour still nothing. Before the update I always got a quick, solid lock on them.

Anyone else seen this let us know. If you haven't taken the plunge yet. BEWARE if you want to see and rely on the WAAS birds.

Well I did the update last night. Everything went well during the update. The when it fired up. I noticed the WAAS birds flew the coop. I went into the system settings and sure enough it reverted back to Normal. I switched it back to WAAS/EGNOS. Then let it sit a while they were still gone. Got up this morning looked again. Not there. Set the oregon outside in complete view of the sky for about a half hour still nothing. Before the update I always got a quick, solid lock on them.

Anyone else seen this let us know. If you haven't taken the plunge yet. BEWARE if you want to see and rely on the WAAS birds.

I had the same thing when I updated. No WAAS. I always got a quick WAAS before. I emailed Garmin yesterday. No response yet but it is the weekend.

I had the same thing when I updated. No WAAS. I always got a quick WAAS before. I emailed Garmin yesterday. No response yet but it is the weekend.

I went back and checked settings. WAAS was off. I turned it back on and locked onto 51

Just received the following message.

Hello,

We've received reports that this latest beta does not connect with the EGNOS system( Satellite #s 33, 37, 39, 44), and are looking into the cause. If you are currently having issues with the WAAS(Satellite #s 46, 51) or MSAS(Satellite #s 42, 50 ), please let us know. Also, please reselect WAAS/EGNOS under Setup->System->GPS, as this latest beta reset the option back to Normal mode.

Thank you,

Oregon Beta Team

In the meantime I shall stick to V4.10

Come on hallycat whats to gripe about. I know I would like the bigger compass needle too. Might have to buy an x50 for that. Lets hope they keep updating our units. By know means are we the redheaded stepchild yet. This update seems to have the same glitch concerning WAAS sattelites across the board X00 and X50 might even in the 62. Let them do there job straighten out the new glitch, and hope we continue to be on the update list for a time to come.

Come on hallycat whats to gripe about. I know I would like the bigger compass needle too. Might have to buy an x50 for that. Lets hope they keep updating our units. By know means are we the redheaded stepchild yet. This update seems to have the same glitch concerning WAAS sattelites across the board X00 and X50 might even in the 62. Let them do there job straighten out the new glitch, and hope we continue to be on the update list for a time to come.

I am on my third Garmin unit. I first got a Vista HC. Then less then a year later the HCx came out and I upgraded to that and sold the older unit here. Then when the Oregon came out I got a 400T. Unfortunately, money is tight right now and I won't be upgrading to a 450 just for the bigger compass. I think as loyal customers it would be nice if as long as they are doing updates, and they did that as an update, they could do that too.

If enough people ask you never know.