Send in the Clones?

jollybgood

One of my Travel Bugs went AWOL after I released him. After several months of no word I was about to throw away the TB Tage stamped "COPY" when an idea occured to me.

I'm sure I'm not the first to think of it but just in case, here goes.

What if I 'cloned' my missing Travel Bug, attached the COPY tag and released him? I could rename my TB report by editing it and adding "the Second" or "Jr." after the name and point out that he is my Relief Travel Bug sent in to carry on the mission of the first.

Only problem I can see with this plan is if the REAL Travel Bug suddenly pops up. It could get really confusing fast. But in those cases where you KNOW a TB is missing (such as a looted or stolen cache) it might be a good way to keep a travel bug's legacy going.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

seems like a good idea, or if you dont want to risk losing the copy tag, you could make your own tag/label with the number on it.

if the "real" one ever does show up, you could have a slight problem, but if that ever happened it would ask whoever had the one i wanted to get rid of to either destroy it (the clone, unless you like the clone better) or have them mail it to you. of course if it turns up far away (other countries) that might be expensive.

whack.gif