FindStatGen - 885 finds on 884 unique geocaches

Rustynail

FindStatGen shows 885 finds on 884 unique geocaches. That means that I logged a geocache somewhere twice. How do I find the geocache I logged twice? When I load the file into GSAK, the listing only shows "884 shown (all waypoints) from the My Finds file, but FindStatGen still shows 885 finds on 884 caches

Any suggestions on identifying the cache with two find logs?

Rustynail

If you have GSAK you do a simple query. if you don't have GSAK I have no idea.

Since Rustynail is using FindStatGen, I'd say he is using GSAK :)

Search -> Filter

Go to log tab

Logs to search : All. Select Found, unselect the rest.

Required count : Greater or equal to 2

Logged by : select

Exact match, your geocaching handle.

In GSAK, do a sort on the Fcount field (you may need to enable it by going to View>Add/Remove Columns). If you sort in descending order, the cache with a "2" in the field will be the culprit. You can then go to the cache and delete the log. Don't forget to delete it in GSAK as well.

You can also find help at GSAK.net forums.

Edited by baloo&bd
In GSAK, do a sort on the Fcount field (you may need to enable it by going to View>Add/Remove Columns).

dadgum, that's so much easier than my suggestion :)

Alternatively : Search -> Filter, OTHER tab, My Found Count "Greater than or equal to" 2.

edit : dadgum?

Thanks to the OP and the respondents - finally, after several years of ignoring them, I've found and deleted my two duplicate finds.

It appears that you have found 1 benchmark. GSAK macro (Findstatgen) counts that as a find but not a cache so that is why you have the extra find. :)

Not likely. First, I don't think benchmarks are in the PQ, so he would need to enter them explicitly. And benchmarks show up in the title like this :

Someone has 3013 Finds on 3013 unique Geocaches out of 3041 Total Finds

(3013 Geocaches & 28 Benchmarks)

Hi,

I have the same problem. I dont know why the geocaching site didnt make my finds in right order so i deleted last 3 logs (whoch were in wrong order) and log them again in the right order. Gsak said that i have 2 logs for those tree caches but i see only one so i cant delete anything. Have somebody any suggestion how to delete this? That my statistic will show the same number of finds and unique caches?

And another question. My gsak dont get right data for cache order. many times they are not in order if i find for example 10 in one day .

Regards

Hi,

I have the same problem. I dont know why the geocaching site didnt make my finds in right order so i deleted last 3 logs (whoch were in wrong order) and log them again in the right order. Gsak said that i have 2 logs for those tree caches but i see only one so i cant delete anything. Have somebody any suggestion how to delete this? That my statistic will show the same number of finds and unique caches?

And another question. My gsak dont get right data for cache order. many times they are not in order if i find for example 10 in one day .

Regards

I'm not sure there is a problem. In your profile, the statistics tab shows:

Jure&Jasna has found 699 caches (699 distinct) since 08/03/2011

That indicates that you don't have any duplicate "found it" logs to delete.

B.

Hi,

Regards

B.

The duplicates are not on GC.com but rather in GSAK. GSAK found counts are based on logs, so if you have 2 found logs on the same cache in GSAK then it will indicate duplicate logs. You need to find the duplicate logs as detailed above and then delete one. The dicey part is deleting the correct log. If you don't delete the correct log then the one on GC.com can be loaded again and your right back at square one. It is best to delete both and then download the gpx from the cache page or your MyFinds PQ. Then yu should have only one found log.

Thanks for the answers

Now i have 699 of 699 becasue i deleted all caches in database and then download the PQ of my finds and it works ok. But when i run the macro GetAllLogsForUsers.gsak then i got 706 of 699 caches . i found which are duplicated and when i double click on the cache it open it and i find 2 or 3 logs usually one is good but other one is archived.

The problem is that i dont know how to delete that.

I hope i described my problem transparent

Regards

Thanks for the answers

Now i have 699 of 699 becasue i deleted all caches in database and then download the PQ of my finds and it works ok. But when i run the macro GetAllLogsForUsers.gsak then i got 706 of 699 caches . i found which are duplicated and when i double click on the cache it open it and i find 2 or 3 logs usually one is good but other one is archived.

Regards

You can't see the archived logs on the cache page, so how do you know they are archived? If GetAllLogsForUsers.gsk is returning archived logs then either there is something wrong with the macro, GS changed the API, or GS broke the API. Really at this point you need to take the discussion to the GSAK boards and specifically this thread.

Thanks for the answers

Regards

You can't see the archived logs on the cache page, so how do you know they are archived? If GetAllLogsForUsers.gsk is returning archived logs then either there is something wrong with the macro, GS changed the API, or GS broke the API. Really at this point you need to take the discussion to the GSAK boards and specifically this thread.

Well, when i double click on the cache in database it open me this 1.jpg

With the arrow i marked one of the log and if i click on the second smile it open me this . (archived log) 2.jpg

and if i click first one then open me log which is ok. Gsak count me both. here is log 3.jpg

Hi,

Regards

B.

The duplicates are not on GC.com but rather in GSAK. GSAK found counts are based on logs, so if you have 2 found logs on the same cache in GSAK then it will indicate duplicate logs. You need to find the duplicate logs as detailed above and then delete one. The dicey part is deleting the correct log. If you don't delete the correct log then the one on GC.com can be loaded again and your right back at square one. It is best to delete both and then download the gpx from the cache page or your MyFinds PQ. Then yu should have only one found log.

I'm not following. If my stats are correct on GC.com, then wouldn't i just run a "my finds" query and reload it to GSAK? Of course i would make sure to click the box that says "Clear Database Before Loading" on the GSAK load options window that pops up.

Thanks for the answers

Regards

Well, when i double click on the cache in database it open me this 1.jpg

With the arrow i marked one of the log and if i click on the second smile it open me this . (archived log) 2.jpg

and if i click first one then open me log which is ok. Gsak count me both. here is log 3.jpg

So you clean out the database and load your MyFinds PQ. All is fine. You then run GetAllLogsForUser for some reason and you now have duplicate logs. Is that correct? If that is correct I would not waste any more time here on this forum but rather post the above post on the thread on the GSAK forum I pointed you to above. There is something wrong with the macro, or the API. By the way, the cache page you show in your post is the offline cache page generated by GSAK from the database, not the cache page on GC.com. This confirms you have a duplicated log in GSAK.

Thank you jholly. You understand what i mean. English is not my native language so maybe i dont write it so good.

I will try so post on gsak forum.

I just thought someone of you know how to fix that so i wrote here.

Your welcome, but the only fix that seems to work is detailed in post #14.

Hi,

Regards

B.

I'm not following. If my stats are correct on GC.com, then wouldn't i just run a "my finds" query and reload it to GSAK? Of course i would make sure to click the box that says "Clear Database Before Loading" on the GSAK load options window that pops up.

Yes, that works, but it also deletes any additional info stored with the cache - User Notes and the like. I keep more than just my logs in my Found DB so clearing the DB and loading the My Finds PQ will wipe out a lot of data I have.

Hi,

Regards

B.

Yes, that works, but it also deletes any additional info stored with the cache - User Notes and the like. I keep more than just my logs in my Found DB so clearing the DB and loading the My Finds PQ will wipe out a lot of data I have.

Oh, i have never put in user notes so didn't think of this. I very rarely look at my finds but when i do, it's usually just to look up certain caches and/or when i found them.

Jure&Jasna, glad you got it figured out. :)

Edited by Mudfrog

Hi,

Regards

B.

Either that, or just delete the cache outright, then reload your special My Finds PQ. The problem is that GSAK accumulates the data that you load into it, yet it has no way of knowing what data you have deleted from your Geocaching.com account.

Each log that you post on GC.com has an unique log # assigned to it. For simplicity, lets say that you have accidentally logged a cache twice on the website. One has #1 assigned to it and the other #2. You then load your My Finds PQ it into GSAK so it has both logs. You then delete #2 from the website, but delete #1 from GSAK. The next time you load your My Finds PQ into GSAK, it's going to see #1 as a new log and add it, so now you once again have two logs.

GSAK has a very active support forum that can be accessed from the Help Menu. The three administrators have a bookmarked post for this very common problem that they direct people to when it comes up.

I have a similar problem. I show 605 with 604 unique. I have looked back at logs...could not see a double. Here is the weird part.

When I made a Pocket Querry of "all found" only 587 showed up! I ran this through the GSAK filter and there are no doubles....but where the heck are my other finds? I am more confused than when I started.

Any ideas?

I have a similar problem. I show 605 with 604 unique. I have looked back at logs...could not see a double. Here is the weird part.

When I made a Pocket Querry of "all found" only 587 showed up! I ran this through the GSAK filter and there are no doubles....but where the heck are my other finds? I am more confused than when I started.

Any ideas?

First off an ordinary Pocket query is likely not to show all your finds. The most obvious candidates are the archived caches. You need to run the special MyFinds PQ by clicking the "Add to Queue" button on the bottom of all your PQ's. That will include all your finds regardless of archive status, unpublished statues and any possible distance issues. Once you have the My Finds load then look at this FAQ to find the duplicate log.

Edited by jholly

I was attempting to use the FCOUNT option to locate the duplicate entry I had. However, I came across a situation where GSAK failed to show a count of two when the there is obviously duplicate logs. I had to find the logs using a different process and then I came back to GSAK to see what it said about the specific cache. I then noticed that GSAK shows two logs in the screen, however the count is only one. I am not sure if this is because the dates are the same and the wording is the same or what. It was obviously a matter of sending the same log thinking that the first one had not uploaded.

Thanks.

30dclte.jpg

I was attempting to use the FCOUNT option to locate the duplicate entry I had. However, I came across a situation where GSAK failed to show a count of two when the there is obviously duplicate logs. I had to find the logs using a different process and then I came back to GSAK to see what it said about the specific cache. I then noticed that GSAK shows two logs in the screen, however the count is only one. I am not sure if this is because the dates are the same and the wording is the same or what. It was obviously a matter of sending the same log thinking that the first one had not uploaded.

Thanks.

30dclte.jpg

You know a much better place for this discussion is over on the GSAK boards. But on the options dislog on the advanced tab do you have "Interrogate logs for Founds/DNF" checked?

Am I alone in the oposition that there's no problem with 'duplicate' logs but with software that can't process them in meaningful way?

Mostly the software does handle the issue in a meaningful way though doesn't it? In terms of reporting it anyway: the "885 finds on 884 unique geocaches" report seems perfectly clear to me. Or did you mean something else?

I can see a case for a warning if you try and log a cache with a found log that has previously been logged as such (there may already be one?). I can certainly see a case for this from the app as well. But is there a need for anything else?

There still exist some caches at least that it is permissible to log multiple times for good reasons. I think removing the functionality to log them or not include them in find totals is going to be difficult.

1. Pay attention to Jholly's post #30.

2. Use the the menu Database - Repair/Defrag.

3. Jholly is correct. If after setting interrogate and then doing the Repair/Defrag, if the problem in not corrected, you should post to the GSAK General forum. You will find that the folks there are very responsive and very helpful.