Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ashallond

ISTE releases GPS and geocaching in Education book

ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) released a new book last week, "GPS and Geocaching in Education"

Links to a blog post and the book and excerpts are here:

The Blog Post

Table of Contents

Book Excerpt

Discuss. I probably will get this book to see what lesson plans they have in the book....but for ISTE to endorse the game as an educational tool...this is a big thing.

I volunteered to start one of these TBs and was given #74. It is currently in GC23J41 (Los Angeles, CA), if anyone in the area is interested in participating.

I also heard the interview on Podcacher Show 299.1, which was very interesting. It was during that episode where they launched the ISTE travel bug contest as well. I also receieved one of those bugs and it traveled a few states, but did not make it to the conference. I wonder how many bugs made it to the conference? The conference, the travel bugs end goal, was about a month ago.

I don't know. I know one that I came across actually got to Philly but then got picked up by someone who said they'd bring it back...not sure if it did or not.

Sadly mine was picked up by a new cacher who lost interest in geocaching. So it's MIA.