How long wait to publish?

HardcoreHarris

Hello,

I am new to geocaching and I made my first cache the other day. I posted the cache on bothe geocaching.com.au and geocaching.com.

The cahe went online immediately at geocaching.com.au and has already had a joint FTF. Meanwhile on geocaching.com it is still sitting there not published.

How long does it normally take for a cache to get published? I am thinking of just placing them on geocaching.com.au because it doesn't seem like geocaching.com is interested in my cache.

Cheers,

HH

Hello,

I am new to geocaching and I made my first cache the other day. I posted the cache on bothe geocaching.com.au and geocaching.com.

The cahe went online immediately at geocaching.com.au and has already had a joint FTF. Meanwhile on geocaching.com it is still sitting there not published.

How long does it normally take for a cache to get published? I am thinking of just placing them on geocaching.com.au because it doesn't seem like geocaching.com is interested in my cache.

Cheers,

HH

HH

First off, you shouldn't submit your geocache to BOTH GCA and GC.com. It's more than likely that the GC.com reviewers will now reject your geocache.

There is useful information here - http://wiki.geocaching.com.au/wiki/Listing_a_cache

Regarding timing: GC.com geocaches are manually reviewer by one of two people in Australia. The email you received after submitting your geocache would have mentioned a 36-72 hour wait. Sometimes this can be a little longer. The reason for this delay is so that the reviewers can check to see that it falls within their guidelines.

GCA has no reviewer process, which is why your geocache was published immediately.

Hope that helps a little.

Hello,

Cheers,

HH

HH

First off, you shouldn't submit your geocache to BOTH GCA and GC.com. It's more than likely that the GC.com reviewers will now reject your geocache.

There is useful information here - http://wiki.geocaching.com.au/wiki/Listing_a_cache

Regarding timing: GC.com geocaches are manually reviewer by one of two people in Australia. The email you received after submitting your geocache would have mentioned a 36-72 hour wait. Sometimes this can be a little longer. The reason for this delay is so that the reviewers can check to see that it falls within their guidelines.

GCA has no reviewer process, which is why your geocache was published immediately.

Hope that helps a little.

Yea I think I will remove my listing for this one from geocaching.com so as to avoid multiple log histories etc.

Cheers

Happened to see this topic as I was scrolling down to the Canada Forums.... the wait time is around 72 hours, which is in the email automatically generated at the time of listing submission (as stated earlier)

As for cross-listing while I can't speak for Australia exactly, what was posted above is not the policy for reviewing on GC.com

As reviewers (I'm CacheDrone for Ontario) we review based on the guidelines of Groundspeak and not other listing sites. For me, I don't care if the cache is listed on a dozen different listing services... how it appears on geocaching.com is all that matters.

:blink: BQ