62s mount

rjmlakota

I have the opportunity to purchase a GPSMAP 60CSx windshield mount on clearance at a local store for 19.99.

Here is the mount - https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=1007

Can someone tell me if the GPSMAP 62S will fit into this mount? I see on the Garmin page that there is a link that shows the compatible products. However, it doesn't show the 62s, but both GPS's are almost identical on the outside.

Thanks in advance,

RJ

Edited by rjmlakota

I have the opportunity to purchase a GPSMAP 60CSx windshield mount on clearance at a local store for 19.99.

Can someone tell me if the GPSMAP 62S will fit into this mount? I see on the Garmin page that there is a link that shows the compatible products. However, it doesn't show the 62s, but both GPS's are almost identical on the outside.

Thanks in advance,

RJ

It will not fit that mount. That's a 60 mount and it has a different attachment method.

The 62/78/Oregon/Dakota/Colorado use a different rail system.

The one you need is something like this:

cf-lg.jpg

Edited by Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hide

Thanks in advance,

RJ

Go with a RAM mount. I have the window mount for sale and all you need to do is buy the cradle from GPScity.

Thanks

Thanks in advance,

RJ

Go with a RAM mount. I have the window mount for sale and all you need to do is buy the cradle from GPScity.

Thanks

I have the RAM mount for the 62 and unless you need to use the unit on a motorcycle or snow machine, the Garmin mount is much more convenient, and does not make access to the lower buttons more difficult. i think Garmin's got a good system for the mounts now, with their rail system.

In a car, I much prefer the Garmin system. It's a one-handed operation, putting the gps back on the Garmin mount.

Thanks in advance,

RJ

Thanks

I have the RAM mount for the 62 and unless you need to use the unit on a motorcycle or snow machine, the Garmin mount is much more convenient, and does not make access to the lower buttons more difficult. i think Garmin's got a good system for the mounts now, with their rail system.

In a car, I much prefer the Garmin system. It's a one-handed operation, putting the gps back on the Garmin mount.

I will be using this on snowmobile. I currently have the GPS375 marine mount on my snowmobile. I was hoping this one would fit my GPSMAP62s then I would just need to remove it from the base and screw it on to the 375 base.

So with that being said, I would be better off getting the RAM marine mount for the 62s?

Thanks again,

RJ

Thanks in advance,

RJ

Thanks

I will be using this on snowmobile. I currently have the GPS375 marine mount on my snowmobile. I was hoping this one would fit my GPSMAP62s then I would just need to remove it from the base and screw it on to the 375 base.

So with that being said, I would be better off getting the RAM marine mount for the 62s?

Thanks again,

RJ

Thanks in advance,

RJ

Thanks

Thanks again,

RJ

Not sure what you mean by the RAM marine mount, but the cradle which the 62 fits into would be the same regardless of the mounting system so I'll leave that up to you to decide. On a snowmobile, you would be better off getting the RAM cradle, but keep in mind that the lowest buttons on the 62 will be a little hard to use especially if you have heavy gloves. As long as you don't mind taking them off to use those buttons, the mount will be very useful.

Here's my 62 in the RAM cradle, to show you how close the buttons are to the roller part of the cradle.

IMG_0866.JPGIMG_0864.JPG

Edited by Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hide