Big new changes coming to Geocaching

This looks amazing! I'm excited about the changes to the map, esp. in areas with low cache density, as the limits are really annoying. I'm interested in the favorite points too. Some seem to be arguing for higher find counts to points in the comments, but without power trails and LPCs and guardrail caches etc, we would be punished for having such high quality caches! Thanks a lot for sharing this, and it says it will change before the 25th. Very interesting.

wow I like the idea of favourite points been given - I would also maybe have gone for 20 cache finds rather, and would also like the idea of being able to give more than 1 favourite point to a cache.

I think a good solution to the dillema of a remote cache getting very few finds, would be to have another column, indicating % of favorites awarded compared to total finds.

So currently a cache with 100 finds with 10 favorite ratings ranks higher than a cache with 9 finds and 9 favourite ratings.

Whereas with the % symbol the difference will be vast, 100% favorite rating compared to a 10% for the previousy higher rated cache.

It shouldn't be hard to set such a system up, and then cachers could see both and decide on which they prefer to judge a cache!

Now to start figuring out which are my 200 favourite caches :)

Here we are chaps a sneak peak at whats coming very soon to your profile page.

http://firennice.squarespace.com/journal/2...-favorites.html

Exciting stuff! I like the Favourites idea. The Dutch geocachers have a system where for every 20 caches you find you can award a "Geo d'Or" to a cache you like. On the geocaching.nl site you CAN sort them by percentage of Geo d'Ors to finds, which is very useful. Looking forward to the new changes!!

Just looking at the new Forum - looks very different - hope it is still easy to use. First impression looks good!

I must say that I preferred the way the older version used to show quotes on a different coloured background, rather than just a light line down the left. Made reading the thread easier.

Interesting - the preview looks different to the existing posts in the thread. Preview is how I'd prefer it to look, but maybe once I post it'll appear like that. Let's see....