RIVERCACHER

opalsns

RIP - Mike, you were a friend and I will miss you.

I also met Mike at GCF 2009 - Salt Lake City. We actually met him and the girls the day before, first at a rest stop (but we didn't talk then), then at the bowling event in Morgan. He and my son David(Tahoe Ratboy) seemed to become inseparable for the rest of the weekend. David helped him set up the machine to stuff the animals for the kids and they spent all weekend together. He even invited David to come up and help for Geowoodstock. Unfortunately for us were not able to make Geowoodstock last year. I have kept in touch by emails and always found a way to buy the coins I wanted from him. Again, I will miss Mike a lot but know he is in a better place.

Deepest condolences to the Mike’s family, I did not get to meet Mike but can say that I knew him because of this interest we all have for coins and caching. Earlier I had recounted a story about a mission I had received from River Tinkerbell and Mike.

I had the good fortune of receiving another mission late in 2009 which meant a great deal to me. Fuzziebear3 had a mission that honoured caching accomplishments (milestone finds). Mike had received the mission and asked for the next recipients to announce their milestone and there were many possible contenders with higher number than I. But Mike choice me for the occasion and I always felt it was a nod of recognition, a welcome, an acceptance to the coin and caching community.

That act of kindness has not gone unnoticed and we will all miss a great friend. Rest my dear friend, rest in peace.

Hello other side world girl....

The first wordzzz you ever mail to me,

So treu and something i alwayzzz will be.

These wordzzz i never gonna hear,

They rolling down now with my tear.

I`m a idiot a stupid cause this morning i was calling you,

I was feeling that i had to tell you something but did`t had any cleu.

That you where blowing out your last breath,

And read now that your death.

23 januari by you it start here it end,

And we all have to say goodbye to a dear friend.

I wanna say to our big lovely cache friendzzz,

That your love not endzzz.

We never meet but i see you now up far away and high,

Cause i know it`s you shining bright in the sky.

And all that`s left what we can do,

Is HONOR the lovely memorie`zzzz of you.

To the girlzz and Jen i wanna say,

My love warmth prayerzzz thoughtzzz hugzzzz and strength are come~ing your way.

Rest in peace..........

You always say the best things one try's to say but the words just wont come out right. That was very beautiful. Tears and sadness today for sure. Today is Jay Mills Birthday and how he is Greatly missed in The geocoin family as well:( Hard to beleive over a year is already passed.

I will never forget meeting Mike and his girls at GCF 2009. It has always been and will always be my favorite caching memory. We spent the better part of the afternoon together doing the crazy TRAXX challenge, riding the train from cache to cache and trying to find the caches before the next train came. We all had a great time chasing around the city looking for caches...

You are missed Mike, and I hope to meet you again when the time is right...

I haven't been on the forums too much over the past few days...and for some reason, I felt compelled to check on the update to this thread. :( I was saddened to hear the news. I will be thinking of Mike's family during this difficult time and reading the stories from people who had the chance to meet him.

I had the privilege of corresponding with RiverCacher and family, through missions.

Someone who was ready to help, while ensuring his girls were all on the receiving end of missions too.

Someone who has left a huge hole in this community; a hole that may shrink but never be full again.

Sleep peacefuly Mike.

And girls - always tell him stories of your day, don't let him fade away from your memories and routine.

I am saddened that Mike is gone. He was one of the coolest people I've met in the geocaching/coin world. He came and supported one of my Sunriver Oktobercache events, and I will never forgot that! You fought a valiant fight and may you rest in peace Mike, you will be missed. My thoughts and condolences to his "girls" and family.

Mike Davis was a man of Amazing Grace. He faced the fight for his life in a way that was an inspiration to family and friends all over the globe. He chose to spend the time he had here with us making precious memories for everyone he knew. There's no more graceful way to face your final time here than to make it something special for everyone else. Mike will be remembered fondly by the countless people whose lives he touched. We will miss you Mike, and remember you forever.

I've had a candle burning every night since I learned that Mike had stopped his treatments and entered the hospice stage. This is a short clip of the candle that was burning to keep him in my thoughts. As you watch, keep him in your thoughts, and follow his lead by taking time to make incredible memories with the people in your life.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

I can't say that I knew Mike, though I wish I could. The extent of my direct contact with Mike was seeing him from the other side of the booth at Geowoodstock this last year, and finally putting the name to the face.

My indirect contact however has been pervasive, as I've watched him on the forums, and read many stories of other peoples interactions with him.

My heart goes out to Mike's family, and to all of those here and elsewhere who have known him and had their lives touched by him.

May his memory bring a smile with the tears, for the happiness he brought others, and may he never be forgotton.

Mike was an asset to the geocaching community and coiners as a whole. His presence will be greatly missed. I am grateful that prayers were answered and he was able to spend the holidays with his family. Mike you were an angel on earth so there is no doubt where you are now. My condolences to Mike's family and friends he truly touched a lot of peoples hearts.

I had the pleasure to meet Mike at GCF-Salt Lake in '09, and it was immediately apparent that everything I'd ever heard or gathered about his kindness and enthusiasm was true. As Tsun mentioned earlier, as a vendor that day, it was too busy to take in everything. I didn't get a chance to check out Mike's set-up for the kids, but I saw kids floating around the hall with Build-A-Bears and other goody bags filled with stuff. We had communicated maybe a few times prior to GCF. But somehow, through those brief e-mails or my forum posts, he knew that I had two kids, and gave me a couple of bags of goodies to take home to them. I'm sure that's just a tiny example of his thoughtfulness, but it left an impression here. Godspeed to you, Mike. You'll be missed.

RIP RC - you fought the good fight. Several years ago a ME cacher pasted (through a horrific event) and this movie was played at an event which included a bit of a memorial. This is such a great movie. I hope everyone enjoys it - seems to sound like our RC - his dash meant so very much!

Edited by hollora

So sorry to hear of Mikes passing...while I never had a chance to meet him personally, what I gather from his great friends here, he was a great man and he touched many. I recently had a family member pass on from what took mike aswell, I can only hope that his family heals from his passing... :( Thanks Mike :)

I didn't know River Cacher, but can sure tell by this thread that he was a great person, so his entire family and friends also have my deepest sympathies. As my S.O. has said to me several times over the last year "cancer sucks" and it often takes people away from us much too soon.

today...

I stand up this morning the light was come~ing,

My mind was only by one thing.

I look here and saw Lenny`s post,

About the man i was thinking today the most.

A pic`s with a great man on a importand place,

With a beautiful smile on his face.

I did things so that the day flow by,

The darkniss come and nine o`clock i look to the sky.

In my mind i say a prayer,

Cause there is only one thing i`m aware.

Your family is in Nazarene church for you,

And be there in my mind is the only thing i can do.

Holding a little service for you here Lorca and me,

For your family and friends across the sea.

The candle burnt a week and become on his end,

That means it`s time to say goodbye to a good friend.

Where your road will bring you and where you will go,

Is something that we will never know.

But i wanna ask you one last thing,

Please take your family under your angel wing.

We send your family and friends all the love and strenght they need today.............

wow, just came back to caching and saw in the memorial coin thread that Mike was no longer with us... Never met him in person but bought many (very many) of his mystery geocoin auctions on eBay and we had nice conversations over emails. He always sent more than just want I bought... I have one of his untrackable person geocoin, a 9/11 commenerative coin, a bunch of pins and buttons, all things that weren't supposed to be in the auctions, but always were there with the item won. My heart goes out to the family and to his girls...

Hi Folks :)

We still have a few more of these coins available for purchase at DorkfishCoins.com for anyone who may have missed out or would like more. We have one gold coin & 12 of the glitter coins left. They are $12.00 each plus shipping. We won't be minting these again so get them while you can.

Thanks everyone for your kindness! So far we have raised $2325.00!

Hi Folks !

I have put two coins up on eBay to raise some Christmas funds for River Cacher's family.

MustangJoni sent one of her personal coins to me to sell for River Cacher's family saying: "I made 200 - but am only trading them face to face. I will not be selling any, so this will be the only one sold... with my blessing!" It is trackable and beautiful!

MustangJoni coin

Celtic Tree of Life coin

I hope that people will bid generously. The auctions are open until Sunday evening.

We made $90 off the two auctions last week, then on Thursday, the wonderful, terrific No L mystery coiner donated a coin to sell on eBay for *River Cacher* family Christmas.

The envelope it was sent in said

"Please add this coin to your e-bay auctions for the RC family...it's sort of the LE version."

It is beautiful shiny polished nickel.

848b8d89-5c0a-453a-af80-652ceb35fdad.jpg?rnd=0.451347

It is non-trackable, so I can't post a link, but you can search.... :ph34r:

The wonderful, terrific No L mystery coiner donated a coin to sell on eBay for *River Cacher* family Christmas.

The envelope it was sent in said

"Please add this coin to your e-bay auctions for the RC family...it's sort of the LE version."

It is non-trackable, so I can't post a link, but you can search.... :ph34r:

ebay auction ends in 3 ish hours 5:55 p.m. pacific time... 8:55 eastern time... I apologize but if you are out of the U.S. you need to calculate your own times... I am no good at that...