RIVERCACHER

opalsns

Please can you put up a link to RC's facebook page please

I don't know if you'll be able to see it, or if He'll be able to respond to friend requests, but here's the link.

http://www.facebook.com/search.php?q=mike&init=quick&tas=search_preload#!/profile.php?id=1591115231

Has he been on FB much? I sent him a friend request a couple of weeks ago (was surprised that we had not already "friended" each other) and have not heard back from him. Glad to hear the updates on him in the forums, though.

Has he been on FB much? I sent him a friend request a couple of weeks ago (was surprised that we had not already "friended" each other) and have not heard back from him. Glad to hear the updates on him in the forums, though.

He has only been on Facebook 2 or 3 times in the last month. And just long enough to post one or two sentences. Not a lot of energy right now. Hopefully he will take a look at his friend requests and answer some soon.... But then hey how many have I got sitting there that I haven't responded to?

He has only been on Facebook 2 or 3 times in the last month. And just long enough to post one or two sentences. Not a lot of energy right now. Hopefully he will take a look at his friend requests and answer some soon.... But then hey how many have I got sitting there that I haven't responded to?

That's what I thought...no biggie...there are more important stuff to think about than FB, that's for sure. Like I said before, I am glad to be able to read updates here.

That's what I thought...no biggie...there are more important stuff to think about than FB, that's for sure. Like I said before, I am glad to be able to read updates here.

I've noticed that much of his FB activity lately is focussed on his family. I still have a candle burning every night, and thanks to the sales after Christmas, I'm stocked up to keep it up for a LONG time.It's amazing how much the value of wax can fluctuate.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

OH MY GOSH!!!!

I had not ben on the forum umtil now.

You are all so amazing.

This is my first time reading on the thread and i will be back later to read more.

I am going against what the doctors tell me and i am getting better again and not worse.

I will be posting more soon.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and prayers.

Mike / RC

We are still sending out prayers for rivercacher - I dont know him, but he sounds like a wonderful person.

I second this. Wish you all the best!

I sent out one of my first geocoins today, in support of people battling diseases. It may be silly, but I'm thinking that these coins and ill persons have some things in common. With lots of faith and support, they will be able to overcome tough journeys and reach their goals.

Edited by mamoreb

What Shocking News:( Please Know That Mike's Family if you are reading this that You are all in our Most deepest Sympathies and in our Hearts, it is so sad that Mike Passed away. Know he will be in Heaven watching all over us. Mike was a fighter. I never got to really know him but we have emailed back and forth many times and even had a chance to trade geocoins and whatnot with one another. Mike will be greatly missed by this Great Geocaching/Family we have here. Those that knew him will treasure the moments you have shared and memories of him in your lives will remain forever. Know that Mike is under God wing now and he will keep him watching over us as our guardian angel. R.I.P. Mike. We all love you! You will be Greatly Missed my friend:(

I have not posted to this thread as I have kept in touch with Mike via his FB page. However I'm going to post here in hopes that as people post their condolences, people will also start sharing their stories about Mike. Even though death brings sadness, I think it can also bring about many happy memories to help the healing process. Of course my thoughts and prayers have been with Mike, family and friends from the get-go.

I guess I'll open this up with a story of my own. I first knew Mike because he was one of my faithful customers :) He was one of the original tsun F5 masters ;)

Anyhow, I first met Mike in person at GCF 2009 in SLC, Utah (at least I think this is where I met him). He was one of the organizers for the event. Stinkin' guy always had a smile on his face :) I remember talking to him prior to the event and he mentioned that they weren't going to open the event early to the organizers/helpers so I didn't worry about it too much thinking I had time to set up and get organized. It was my first event selling as a vendor. So GCF officially starts and I'm busy setting up and thinking I have too much junk with me ;) Anyhow, about 15 minutes prior to the doors opening there is a huge mob at my table and the doors aren't even open and I'm not quite ready. There is Mike smiling and one of the first in line to buy. I was so not prepared for that and I always meant to kick his butt over that but time went by and I got over it, lol. It's more funny now than it was at the time (you had to be there to understand how that day went for me). However later during the day when I closed up early he handed me a package filled with goodies. I never did look at it because I was so busy visiting. I threw it in with my stuff and opened it about 2 weeks after I got back home to Montana. Mike had sent me an email asking me if I opened it to which I said no, I'm slow lol. Well I opened it and there was a short hand-written note thanking me for my contributions to GCF with a bunch of goodies. One of those goodies was an Idaho Spud which is a spud shaped chocolate and marshmallow type candy. Of course I opened it up and gave it a try and it was quite yummy. Mike was the first person to give me an Idaho Spud :) Wouldn't you know, I see them here in Montana and since then I have always thought of Mike when I see them, always will.

I only had a chance to speak to Mike a few brief times at GCF because it's just a crazy time and never enough time to sit down too long with anyone for a good "get to know you" chat. I did see Mike smiling, chatting with so many people and spending alot of time with the kids in the kids room. You could totally tell he was in his element. You couldn't help smile when you saw him in action.

One other scenario I'd like to talk about is something that I didn't come to realize until much later. Like I said Mike has been a faithful customer of mine and I noticed that he would always be one of the first people along with a feww others ;) to put my coins up on ebay. He did this with one of my Anasazi coins from GCF 09. He made a quite a few bucks off my designs and I admit it used to kinda annoy me (the ebay thing). I've never said anything directly to ebayers about it because you buy coins, you can do what you want with them and I've come to terms with it all. Like I said, I didn't know at the time but Mike would use those funds to fund his geocaching events but even more so make sure that all the kids had prizes at the events. He was all about the kids and giving back to the geocaching community and for that I am glad he was able to use my coins in that way.

I won't get into specifics here as I am more of a private person in many respects but a couple months ago when I knew things were really getting bad for Mike, I sent him a letter. I wanted to make sure he knew how he touched my life. So Mike, I am working on honoring that promise I made to you and thank you for just being you. It was a pleasure getting to see you smile in person and watch your enthusiasm for life shine through.

tsun

Edited by tsunrisebey

Hello other side world girl....

The first wordzzz you ever mail to me,

So treu and something i alwayzzz will be.

These wordzzz i never gonna hear,

They rolling down now with my tear.

I`m a idiot a stupid cause this morning i was calling you,

I was feeling that i had to tell you something but did`t had any cleu.

That you where blowing out your last breath,

And read now that your death.

23 januari by you it start here it end,

And we all have to say goodbye to a dear friend.

I wanna say to our big lovely cache friendzzz,

That your love not endzzz.

We never meet but i see you now up far away and high,

Cause i know it`s you shining bright in the sky.

And all that`s left what we can do,

Is HONOR the lovely memorie`zzzz of you.

To the girlzz and Jen i wanna say,

My love warmth prayerzzz thoughtzzz hugzzzz and strength are come~ing your way.

Rest in peace..........

We were shocked and saddened to see this news. Our hearts and our prayers go out to his family at this difficult time.

We met Mike at GCF in SLC and again at GCF MN. We had a long amusing chat in MN about the clown coins and how some folks are freaked out by clowns. We had a good laugh and exchanged a few other funny geo-tales. We joked later that he wore a path (4-5 times we think) to the front of the room during the drawings at GCF MN last year. We are so glad we met in person after doing some coin deal over the years. He will be missed but never forgotten.

We are very sad to hear about such a shocking news. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Mike's family. He will be missed but not forgotten. I had the opportunity of receiving a mission from him, I'm glad I did. It's like I have some souvenirs from a very nice guy, even my first Idaho Spud :anicute:

RIP Mike

:sad:

Mike was the first person I traded coins with, and while I am sure the coin I traded wasn't that great I love the coin I got from him. I also had the privilege to exchange several emails with him talking about his illness and geocoins. I never got to meet him but he is part of the reason I have gotten sucked into this world and I have to say Thanks!!! I love everyone on this forum and the outpouring of sympathy for him and his family is overwhelming. I have said many prayers and will continue them. I also have plans to release one of his coins in his memory. You will be missed Rivercacher!