Dwarven Treasure 2011

GregsonVaux

I want to try!!!! :):D

dwarventreas-Aimee-2.png

Was also wondering if the middle ring (side A) can be left without enamel.

Does the center (with writing) have to be the same color on BOTH sides of the coin? Or is my version ok?

Thank you SOOOO much for the cointest and even more for your awesome gecoins!! :)

Edit: I guess where I have yellow Trans#24 is should just be metal, no enamel....?

Edited by Where'sMyMarbles

Was also wondering if the middle ring (side A) can be left without enamel.

Does the center (with writing) have to be the same color on BOTH sides of the coin? Or is my version ok?

Thank you SOOOO much for the cointest and even more for your awesome gecoins!! :)

Sure, you can leave any section you want without enamel. Your version is OK with different colors in the center on each side.

I'm glad you like this cointest. I am planning on having at least one more for the third coin.

Inspired by Where'sMyMarbles success and GregsonVaux patience, I discovered "replace color" in photoshop! It works much better than the paint bucket, lol!

The forums quit working for me last night so this is my last night's try.

I showed it in antiqued gold but I'd like to try it in shiny gold and satin too.

ac1ba5be-f6eb-4b48-b9cf-ccab503104d3.jpg

We have a winner!

The coin submissions were reviewed by a panel of five judges. Although, there were many excellent submissions and some agonizing took place, in the end, a clear winner emerged.

The winning contestant has been contacted and will be posted to this forum in the near future.

Thanks to everyone for taking part.

Edited by GregsonVaux

The winner of the cointest is Mamoreb with the coin design in post #59 (and reproduced below). The name of this coin edition will be "Secrets of the Night". Although this name was used by Mamoreb for a previous entry, we both decided to use it for this limited edition.

Congratulations to Mamoreb and to all of you who came up with such impressive color schemes!

dwarventreasurerune1175.jpg

Thanks a lot, I'm thrilled to be part of this cointest and even more waiting for the coins come to life! We liked the entries a lot - I loved redwingrr's last entry, and the second half of team mamoreb gave up designing as he said it was impossible to make anything better than the Mithril sheen.

Thanks for the cointest, GregsonVaux! I can't wait to see the coins spring to life.

Good News! At long last this coin is going forward. The dies are currently being made and I hope to have full production started in the next few weeks. However, I'll truly believe it when I have all of the coins in my hand. There will be four editions:

Mithril Sheen - blue glass on white nickel

Secrets of the Night - purple and black on 18 karat gold

Forge Fire - orange, red, and purple glass on antiqued 18 karat gold

Nahhash - bare solid copper

I have not forgotten the cointest. Mamoreb, as the winner, will be receiving a free copy of Secrets of the Night. I was also taken with the Mithril Sheen submission, so Mar-elendili will be receiving a free copy of that one too. There will be more updates as work progresses and I hope that everyone likes the final product.

The coins arrived today, which is much earlier than I had expected and I am exceptionally pleased with them. I'm going to try to make these available as soon as possible, but in the meantime, here are some pictures of what I found when I opened the boxes.

In recognition of the cointest participants, the first two packages sent out will be to them so they will have them in their hands as early as possible.

SecretsoftheNightbothsides11-1-2011small.jpg

This is the "Secrets of the Night" edition. It is hard enamel on antique 18 karat antique gold.

ForgeFirebothsidessmall.jpg

This is the "Forge Fire" edition. It is finished with glass on the rune side and with hard enamel on the English side. The metal is 18 karat antique gold.

MithrilSheenbothsidessmall.jpg

"Mithril Sheen" edition - glass on the rune side and hard enamel on the English side. The metal is satin nickel.

Nahhashbothsidessmall.jpg

"Nahhash" edition - bare solid copper. Nahhash is the Dwarvish word for copper.

Below are a few more pictures showing details and the final small picture is the icon.

IMG_1426croppedsmall.jpg

IMG_1429croppedsmall.jpg

IMG_1436croppedsmall.jpg

IMG_1431croppedsmall.jpg

DwarvenTreasureLogo32x32ver4.jpg