What size should I rate this cache?

maristua

<!--quoteo(post=4559576:date=Dec 15 2010, 01:06 PM:name=maristua)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maristua @ Dec 15 2010, 01:06 PM) 4559576[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I have a 0,8 L lock n lock box that I'm going to hide in a large camouflaged container. <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Call it an Unknown and let the seekers figure out what they are looking for.

Each to his own but I would offer this caution if you go with the unknown designation...for some hiders in my area, they do not want to put micro as the size so they just put unknown so seekers can just figure it out. As a result, some seekers are avoiding the "unknowns" for whatever reason.

FWIW, it sounds like a small to me.

Happy Geocaching! - hawkeyetob

Is this accurate to say:

Per the "New Cache" form:

Micro (e.g. 35mm Film Canister) - Large enough to hold **just** a log, and maybe a stub of a pencil.

Small (holds logbook and small items)

Regular (Rubbermaid, ammo box)

Large (5 gallon bucket)

There are also "nano" caches, correct -- which are too small even for a log sheet of any kind.

There are also "nano" caches, correct -- which are too small even for a log sheet of any kind.
Groundspeak hasn't added an official "nano" size yet (although it's in the works), so we don't know what their definition of "nano" is. But according to the guidelines, all caches should have a log. My personal definition of a "nano" is that it is big enough to contain only a custom-fit log sheet.