My geocoin made the news!

Doctor A

OK, I have NO idea what they're saying in this news story, but it's about geocaching and my Christmas geocoin is shown quite prominently, starting about 1:10- it's made it all the way to Slovakia and made it onto the news there! I feel famous!

The person who picked it up was kind enough to send me the link to the video, which I sure appreciated, since I would never have known about it otherwise. This is actually the second of my geocoins to travel to Slovakia this year- apparently they like to go there, and I don't even have too many out travelling.

This is one of the things I love about sending travelers out, the chance to get to hear about places I never even knew about, see other cachers interacting with my coin, and know that it's visiting someplace I'll likely never get to visit.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing that :(

FWIW, we have a number of geocoins traveling in Europe, including a couple in the Czech Republic, one of which spent a little time in Slovakia. We have had exactly one geocoin vanish in Europe, as opposed to several dozen that have vanished in the States. Curious, isn't it?

Very cool! Thanks for sharing that :(

FWIW, we have a number of geocoins traveling in Europe, including a couple in the Czech Republic, one of which spent a little time in Slovakia. We have had exactly one geocoin vanish in Europe, as opposed to several dozen that have vanished in the States. Curious, isn't it?

I had a coin traveling in the Czech Republic for a while too! Caching must be popular there or else there is one individual that keeps taking them over there.