Disappearing smileys

Geoscouts.eu

I've had the same problem. When it happens look in the upper right area of your map screen on the gray line where it says: "You are logged in as xxxxxx. Log out". Click on "Log out" and you should see the log in screen appear. Log in and your smilies will return.

I don't have any idea why this is happening but apparently you are randomly being logged out so the smilies revert to regular cache symbols despite the gray header line still saying you are logged in when you're not. Once you log back in the smilies will return. Call this an undocumented feature. :P

Happy to report no issues, speed or otherwise today....

We all complain when somethings not right, figured I ought to speak up when it is working right...

Hmmm. All day I have STILL been having that glitch. When I refresh the web page, it does fix the problem, but reverts to my home coords. So if I have zoomed in or out, or have panned, none of that is remembered. It didn't used to be that way! :(

Still encountering this issue. It appears that if I leave the google map page open for a certain period of time, it "forgets" who I am and shows all caches as "unfound". As noted by others, reloading "fixes" it but goes back to the original coordinates where the map was opened.

Seeing the exact same thing here.. Not a huge deal I guess, but I like to scout out my next area of attack, sometimes a few days ahead of time and leave a tab open with this...

Tried it with and without the auto-refresh checked too... I figured that was mostly for when you pan around on the map, but I figured it couldn't hurt to try toggling that to see...

Sorry to bring back a zombie thread that hasn't been posted on in forever, but did this issue get resolved or is there a setting on our browsers that need to be changed? I'm still having this issue. It's not like it's a serious issue that's life-threatening or anything but wouldn't mind if there was a solution to it.

well here it is May 27th & the da** smileys still disappear & I have to refresh & start over. Is it really asking too much that this ever gets fixed??????????

I'd say its a masterstroke of genius. After smilies on the map was broken completely (official reason : server load) now that we have it back, even though it still times out, no one seems to mind it as much.

Thanks for bringing it up. Personalization is still timing out for me on beta maps, when I leave it open for around 30 minutes.