Personel Travel Bug

fishingfools

I can't think of a way to do it with a travel bug unless you had a local cache. Even if you could, it seems like it would be very awkward to me.

You could use the odometer in your GPS to keep track. This will give your real mileage, but again it could be awkward to keep track of.

You could write a program that calculates distances between waypoints (including one for your home) and totals it all up. This would be like what is automatically done for the travel bug...straight line distances between caches, but you'd be able to add your home waypoint as needed.

George

I have a personal travel bug myself. My locationless cache is just around the corner from my house. However, I got tired of logging it into the cache and deleting the logs. Now I only use it if caching a long distance away. Someday I would like to go back and log all the caches I have found, just to see what the mileage is. I am closing in on 3000 miles already! icon_eek.gif

JoeyBob