Lime Kiln Trail, January 8

GrievousAngel

The Pokey Plodders have scheduled a Meet & Greet in Granite Falls on Saturday, January 8, and are planning a hike along the Lime Kiln Trail before the event. Everyone is welcome to join us on this easy hike. A Pokey Plodders hike means that you won't be left behind, even if you're a new hiker or a bit out of shape, but at least a couple of experienced hikers plan to join us, so everyone will be able to find someone to walk with.

Information on the hike can be found here, here, and here.

We'll meet at the parking lot for the Lime Kiln Trail (N 48° 04.603 W 121° 55.911) and set out at 8 a.m. To reach the Lime Kiln trailhead, follow state Route 92 east to Granite Falls. In town, turn right on South Granite Avenue. In three blocks, go left on Pioneer Street, which leaves the city and becomes Menzel Lake Road. In a few miles, go left on Waite Mill Road and go past a school bus turnaround to the signed trailhead on the left. We plan to be finished in time for hikers to attend the Meet & Greet, which starts at 12:30 p.m.

Here are a map of the area and a bookmark of the ten caches along the trail.

The trail is easy but will probably be wet and can be slippery in spots. Dress appropriately and keep your children close to you. No unaccompanied minors, please! Pets are allowed if leashed (park regulation).

If you have questions, just post them here. See you on January 8!

Edited by GrievousAngel

I've wanted to hike this trail even before we started caching, so we're going to try and make it. I'm not thinking we'll make the full 6.5 mile round trip, W3 (4yr old) is usually good for about 3-4 miles, so we'll probably pick a good spot to turn around about 2 miles. I'll have to see which caches would still be availible.

Thanks for all the links..

-TWT

Great hike today, and great caching. (Of course, it never hurts to have the COs of most of the caches along!)

The trail was awesome--there's one big washout, but, as the park ranger assured me, it was "passable." We hiked in falling snow for most of the distance--beautiful! Everyone (a surprisingly large group of 15 or 16) hiked the full distance, and most then stopped off in Granite Falls for pizza and more snow. Thanks to all of you who made this a fun day!