Visiting Victoria over xmas and need some challenge caches

fizbot

I'll be traveling to Victoria for a few days over xmas and was hoping to get out to do a couple caches that would help fill my Diff/Ter grid and was wondering if any local cachers might be interested in joining me to help provide some local experience. Sometime between Dec 27th and the 29th would work best for me based on my travel schedule.

Caches that I'm targeting right now include the following:

GCPWM3 3.0 5.0 [Traditional] 55.49 Cowichan Valley British Columbia

Map ninja turtles The Troll's Lair Geocache

GCM7GR 3.0 5.0 [Multi] 57.37 Cowichan Valley British Columbia

Map Jewel Cachers Mr Croft's Copper Pot

GCT2H3 3.0 5.0 [Traditional] 61.14 Capital British Columbia

Map nudiebums Circles around Wallace Island

GC8AF9 3.0 5.0 [Traditional] 95.06 Nanaimo British Columbia

Map bcrockcrawler, xstitcher, & BMXer Newcastle Van-Isle Cache #2

GC14GMM 5.0 3.5 [Mystery] 28.36 Capital British Columbia

Map M in 3D Owed to mtn-man Final

GC21DEN 5.0 3.5 [Mystery] 17.51 Capital British Columbia

Map Kiwibirdman Somewhere Down The Line

I don't have access to a boat so Wallace Island and Newcastle might be difficult :-)

If you are interested or have suggestions, please email me on my GC id.

Thanks,

Fizbot (Paul)

fizbot - had to wipe the mulled apple cider from the screen when I read your list!

You just want to find one of each of those D/T correct?

If you solved GC21DEN, I'll be a sweetie and send you the best access coords to 'the pipe'. Owed to Mtn Man Final requires 5 or 6 caches on peaks to get the required coordinates. They are awesome hikes though and we've still got 1 or 2 to do.

GC8AF9 on Newcastle Island Provincial Park - yup that ferry runs 'till October I think - it's not a long paddle though. The easiest and best way to get to Wallace Island Provincial Park on a CALM day would be to procure a kayak and paddle from the government dock on the north end of SSI - I think it's 2km across Trincomali Channel. You may actually get locals who would go along for a fun day on the water - try paddler and engineering student kiwibirdman - maybe he'll give you a hint for GC21DEN during the voyage :) .

Helen

fizbot - had to wipe the mulled apple cider from the screen when I read your list!

You just want to find one of each of those D/T correct?

If you solved GC21DEN, I'll be a sweetie and send you the best access coords to 'the pipe'. Owed to Mtn Man Final requires 5 or 6 caches on peaks to get the required coordinates. They are awesome hikes though and we've still got 1 or 2 to do.

GC8AF9 on Newcastle Island Provincial Park - yup that ferry runs 'till October I think - it's not a long paddle though. The easiest and best way to get to Wallace Island Provincial Park on a CALM day would be to procure a kayak and paddle from the government dock on the north end of SSI - I think it's 2km across Trincomali Channel. You may actually get locals who would go along for a fun day on the water - try paddler and engineering student kiwibirdman - maybe he'll give you a hint for GC21DEN during the voyage :) .

Helen

Hi Helen,

I'm glad that your apple cider stayed off the computer...

No, I'm not expecting to do ALL of these caches (especially in a single day which would be even more of a challenge :-) ). But would love to have company or tag along with another group who may have additional local info to help reduce the DNF possibility as I'll only have one chance at these.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Your trip coincides with when our eldest son is home from Moose Jaw on leave so we'd only be available if he was off with friends for the day. A sailboat trip to Fulford Harbour on SSI for coffee wouldn't be out of the question though, weather permitting. Is there anything within walking distance of Fulford Harbour that would help your grid?