New Bug!

Guest Accurate

Guest Markwell

Once you place it in the cache (make sure you use the drop down when logging the cache itself), the bug icon will appear on that cache's page. That's one method to let people know.

Another method is that when people do a search for caches (any method, zip code, lat/lon, etc.) that cache will have a bug icon next to it.

Another way for you to get the message out there is to attach an "official" picture to the bug. Upload a photo to the bug's page and then edit the bug - telling the website which picture you want to be the official picture of the bug. Once you do that, the bug will appear in the gallery.

Lastly, there's the shameless promotion method that I took here. icon_wink.gif

Between the first three, you should be OK.

------------------

Markwell

My GPS Activity Page

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt

Guest Markwell

Once you place it in the cache (make sure you use the drop down when logging the cache itself), the bug icon will appear on that cache's page. That's one method to let people know.

Another method is that when people do a search for caches (any method, zip code, lat/lon, etc.) that cache will have a bug icon next to it.

Another way for you to get the message out there is to attach an "official" picture to the bug. Upload a photo to the bug's page and then edit the bug - telling the website which picture you want to be the official picture of the bug. Once you do that, the bug will appear in the gallery.

Lastly, there's the shameless promotion method that I took here. icon_wink.gif

Between the first three, you should be OK.

------------------

Markwell

My GPS Activity Page

Guest Webfoot

Slightly off topic here, but I couldn't find the right thread to post this question in.

Where do you get the plastic ties that you recommeded? I have one T-Bug out with the chain, and one other that will go out soon that will probably work better with the chain, but I'd like to see how those plastic ties would work.

quote:
Originally posted by Webfoot:

Where do you get the plastic ties that you recommeded? I have one T-Bug out with the chain, and one other that will go out soon that will probably work better with the chain, but I'd like to see how those plastic ties would work.

Just about any automotive or hardware store should have them. Usually around the wiring section.

Guest Markwell

These are the handiest things known to mankind. They have releasable ones that you can re-use, which makes for great childproofing on cabinets. I use them to hang Christmas lights and patch small items that come apart around the house (dryer vents, etc.). I just wish I had invented them and had a share of the profits.

------------------

Markwell

My GPS Activity Page

Guest c-troop

At work we go thru about 100k ty-straps a week, we use the Panduit brand, and you should see some of the cool equipment they give us to use, how about an automatic electro/mechanical gun that all you have to do is pull the trigger and it ejects a ty-strap around whatever it is you are bundling together, tensions it, then finally cuts the excess strap off, all in less than one second, and it will rapid fire at the rate of one stap per second! the machines cost around $50k each, but they give them to us since we buy so many straps. Not really on topic...but thought you might find it interesting anyway.

C-Troop