Western Michigan Off-Roading

Lockinup101

Hi y'all

I was just hoping to connect with some people from west Michigan. I am from the Ada area and back and forth between there and Allendale. I just got a 4runner and I really want to kick it into 4x4 and go find some caches way back in the woods. Does anyone know of some caches way out there maybe the belding or rockford or lowell areas? Or does any one know of some places just to do some 4x4'in. Let me know. Thanks! :D

Hi y'all

I was just hoping to connect with some people from west Michigan. I am from the Ada area and back and forth between there and Allendale. I just got a 4runner and I really want to kick it into 4x4 and go find some caches way back in the woods. Does anyone know of some caches way out there maybe the belding or rockford or lowell areas? Or does any one know of some places just to do some 4x4'in. Let me know. Thanks! :rolleyes:

Man off roading in Michigan has took a big decline in the last 10 years I dont think there is much left other than Silver Lake, there are some mixed use trails in the Baldwin area but I think they use them for snowmobiles in the winter, it would be fun to find a cache that required 4x4 to get to maybe you should hide one? :lol:

Hi y'all

I was just hoping to connect with some people from west Michigan. I am from the Ada area and back and forth between there and Allendale. I just got a 4runner and I really want to kick it into 4x4 and go find some caches way back in the woods. Does anyone know of some caches way out there maybe the belding or rockford or lowell areas? Or does any one know of some places just to do some 4x4'in. Let me know. Thanks! :anicute:

Man off roading in Michigan has took a big decline in the last 10 years I dont think there is much left other than Silver Lake, there are some mixed use trails in the Baldwin area but I think they use them for snowmobiles in the winter, it would be fun to find a cache that required 4x4 to get to maybe you should hide one? :)

Where in the Baldwin area are there some trails? Do you know directions to them?

There isn't much thats leagal in Michigan other than ORV Parks or a few forest roads. If you are unfamilier with what's leagal it might be a good idea to hook up with a club. The one I belong to is The Two Trackers out of Grand Rapids. They are very active in land use around the state and are a very good group to learn from. There are a handful of us who geocache in the club as well. Look them up at Twotrackers.org