Powergenix on sale today and tomorrow! 12/9-12/10

bittsen

I am not affiliated in any way with Powergenix or Shnoop.com.

I just clicked shnoop.com and they have the Powergenix 4 pack of batteries AND the 4 station charger for $8.99.

I just bought the same setup at Fry's a few weeks ago for $20.

Powergenix batteries are Nickel-Zinc and pack 1.6V per cell instead of 1.2V that most rechargables have.

Personally, I love them.

The sale is today but the sale is also available. It's weird how shnoop.com works but it does work.

Just letting you all know.

P.S. I just bought two sets. So now I have 12 batteries and 3 chargers total.

Edited by bittsen
Powergenix batteries are Nickel-Zinc and pack 1.6V per cell instead of 1.2V that most rechargables have.
Could you share what units you use these in and how long they last? Run time? What battery setting would you use, my OR does not have a NiZn setting? Also, does the extra 0.8V for a pair change anything?

Thanks for the post.

Could you share what units you use these in and how long they last? Run time? What battery setting would you use, my OR does not have a NiZn setting? Also, does the extra 0.8V for a pair change anything?

Thanks for the post.

I've used them in my Colorado on the Alkaline setting. The only bad part is that there is almost zero warning that the batteries are low before it cuts out.

The extra .8 volts is actually .2 volts per pair over alkaline. Most electronics are set for alkaline and since alkaline batteries vary, the electronics will handle the extra .2V just fine.

I originally bought the batteries to give full power (and rechargability) to my 2XAA Leatherman 100 lumen flashlight. In all honesty I found that the batteries won't last as long as alkalines in the flashlight but since they are rechargable I am OK with it.

In the Colorado I can do a regular caching trip without running out of batteries. Again, the rechargability makes it all worthwhile.

The sale is today but the sale is also available.

That doesn't make much sense - I'm guessing a word or two is missing?

Thanks for highlighting the deal. At that price, hard to resist, so I bought one to check the batteries out. I read here that some folks use the "lithium" setting on their GPSr for battery type.

OOPS...

The sale is also available TOMORROW.

Basically they have a 24 hour sale but allow you to get in on "yesterdays deal".

I guess the Internet ate up my earlier post.

What I tried to say : did some research and it appears that the 5 hour charger can only charge batteries in pairs. the 1 hour charger can recharge them individually. The 1 hour charger also takes 2.5 hours to fully charge 4 batteries (it takes 1.5 hours to fully charge 2 batteries)

Not a big deal if you use batteries in pairs.

They still have it for sale as Yesterday's Deal.

I have the white colored "Quick" charger, which charges each AA individually. It says 2 AAs charged in 1.5 hours, 4 AA charged in 4 hours.

My understanding is that the black "Fast" charger charges in pairs and is 5 hours for full charge.

The deal is $8.99 for 4 AAs plus the Fast Charger.

They still have it for sale as Yesterday's Deal.

I have the white colored "Quick" charger, which charges each AA individually. It says 2 AAs charged in 1.5 hours, 4 AA charged in 4 hours.

My understanding is that the black "Fast" charger charges in pairs and is 5 hours for full charge.

The deal is $8.99 for 4 AAs plus the Fast Charger.

Yup, the deal ends at 6PM Pacific time.

It will probably come up again in a couple weeks if you miss out this time.

OT

The DOTD for today is a pair of hats for $6. They are really good quality hats. I got a pair of them last week and they will be VERY warm. They are made by Bear USA (not to be confused with BearWear. Trust me, most won't want to look that one up).

I just started using the NiZn batteries in my Oregon 450T, so far I am very impressed with them. I did forget to change the battery type to Lithium which is what most of the forum users are saying to do. So far after two days of intermittent use I have not dropped one battery bar. I'd say about 4 +- hours of use. I think I'll just leave the battery type on Alkaline and see what happens, then the next set I put in I'll change it to Lithium and see if anything changes. It will NOT be a scientific test.

Edited by kwhart