1st Day of GeoCaching Texas

zionzr2

Well this afternoon was my first attempt. Sadly I found nothing. <_< I attempted (GCN6F9) & (GC16ZPQ)

as they were in walking distance from home. :)

I'm to much of a noob right now to know what to look for. :huh: Further investigation afterwards lets me know I was at least really close. :D

Not giving up yet. It was kinda fun to search.

Don't let not finding the first couple bug ya too much. There are several factors that enter into cache finding success rate and you'll pick them up as you go along. One of the main things that some new cachers don't realize is that a recreational gpsr isn't precise. It normally won't put you on the exact spot the cache is hidden. In relation to that, one of the things that comes with time is "thinking" like a geocacher. It's not 100% but if you think to yourself, "where might i hide it", then there might be a better chance of finding the loot. Look around, look for those spots that could conceal the size container that you're looking for. There are many hiding techniques, most pretty basic, but there are some very creative and challenging hides out there that take some thinking.

I remember the first cache i went for back in 2002. Out in the woods, traditional and regular in size, that i had a ton of trouble locating. The search turned out to be an obsession that day and i finally made the find after over an hour of going around in circles. Suffice it to day, finding it was a great feeling that i'll never forget! :)

Goodluck on your next attempt!! :rolleyes: