Premium Renewal

T.R.a.M.P.

I took advantage of the Garmin offer of 30 days free Premium membership which appeared to have moved on my renewal date as expected - great! :D

However, I just got the renewal email telling me that my membership will run out within seven days - this is relative to the original expiry date. <_<:huh:

Any suggestion as to what may be going on? Can I ignore the email? Who do I contact to find out?

So many questions, where do I stop? How do I stop?.... :)

Cheers,

Trevor

I took advantage of the Garmin offer of 30 days free Premium membership which appeared to have moved on my renewal date as expected - great! :D

However, I just got the renewal email telling me that my membership will run out within seven days - this is relative to the original expiry date. :)<_<

Any suggestion as to what may be going on? Can I ignore the email? Who do I contact to find out?

So many questions, where do I stop? How do I stop?.... :D

Cheers,

Trevor

You could have always tried the contact links on the webpage :huh:

I was in the same position and emailed Groundspeak. They said it was a glitch in the system and they were looking into it. My original i.e. unextended renewal date was a couple of weeks ago and I'm still showing as a Premium Member so ignore the reminder until just before your extra 30 days run out.

You could have always tried the contact links on the webpage :huh:

Yes, but then I was hoping this was a glitch that may be useful to point out to others... :):D

I was in the same position and emailed Groundspeak. They said it was a glitch in the system and they were looking into it. My original i.e. unextended renewal date was a couple of weeks ago and I'm still showing as a Premium Member so ignore the reminder until just before your extra 30 days run out.

Ah, as I thought - it seems that the glitch is still there. :D<_<

Many thanks for your reply.

Trevor

Think there's another glitch in the renewal system!!

My Premium membership was due to expire on the 14th of May, and I renewed it today. Initially the screen said I would be renewing to 14th of May 2012, but when the payment went through it now says I've bought a Premium Membership for 19th of April 2011 to 19th of April 2012! So my $30 has only bought 48 weeks or so instead of 52?!

I've managed to use their contact screen to report this (despite the wierd font words that you have to enter being invisible on Firefox!) and am awaiting their response.

Chris

Think there's another glitch in the renewal system!!

My Premium membership was due to expire on the 14th of May, and I renewed it today. Initially the screen said I would be renewing to 14th of May 2012, but when the payment went through it now says I've bought a Premium Membership for 19th of April 2011 to 19th of April 2012! So my $30 has only bought 48 weeks or so instead of 52?!

I've managed to use their contact screen to report this (despite the wierd font words that you have to enter being invisible on Firefox!) and am awaiting their response.

Chris

There was a slight glitch last month as well, because for a week or so we were lowly Premium Members after we renewed :o We would have lost all the perks associated with being Charter Members - eg not having to work out puzzle caches to get the final co-ords, not having to find caches to log them and losing the ability to delete anyones profile at will.

(I also had the invisible font trouble and had to use IE to send the mail. Contact was made after about a day or so.)

My premium membership ended without any notification. At first I thought that it had something to do with the site update because after the update I was not a premium member anymore. I was not sure on which particular date my premium membership was up for renewal but I know it was somewhere in May 2011. Thus renewed my membership yesterday and received a confirmation that my premium membership will end on April 10, 2012.

I will send contact@geocaching.com an email and see what they can do for me.