GSAK will not load data on my 60Cs GPSr

Can not get GSAK to load my PQ of 'unfound' caches to my Garmin GPSmap 60Cx and wonder if there is anyone who has seen concern this & can give some guidance or resolution. GSAK forums are blank as to response and Clyde has not responded, either.

Error code is 'Can not create file C:\Documents and Settings\ADMIN\Application Data\gsak\babel.txt' from my GSAK screen.

Am able to d/l 'found' caches FROM GPSr to GSAK and am able to upload Garmin software updates TO GPSr plus can run other devices from laptop . . . all this tells me the USB connections drivers and cables are fine.

Shutdown all of my anti-virus and other protection software to minimize potential problems, as well.

Have stripped GSAK from laptop and freshly reloaded it. Then, with a new PQ of a different area to avoid, perhaps a bad file, and tried with no success again . . . am at a point where I do not know WHAT else to do.

I feel like it is the GPSr since I have checked/replaced all else that I can think of checking. ANY advice is appreciated until I can borow a GPSr to eliminate mine as being the concern.

Edited by GRANPA ALEX

fegan, I am not lying to anyone and it serves no one to provide a provacative derogatory, insinuative and contrary comment to my query that redirects the OP.

Clyde has not responded to the direct query but only suggested that I seek another thread that was not applicable. I sent him a DIRECT email, to which he has not responded and THAT was what I referred to in my comment. All said, this is not the address of the concern that is begged and needed from my peers.

If you have some constructive and helpful input, let's hear it . . . help is appreciated!

Error code is 'Can not create file C:\Documents and Settings\ADMIN\Application Data\gsak\babel.txt' from my GSAK screen.

This tells me your trying to write to a directory you do not have permission to write to. Or do you always log in as ADMIN on your systems? If so, that is not the best policy.

And as has been pointed out you did get a response in the GSAK board, Clyde responded in 3 minutes after you posted. Kai Team also pointed out you likely have a permission problem. I personally think your being a bit harsh and disingenuous in your statements.

Can you try a few things?

1. Confirm you're running XP

2. Open CMD shell (easiest way if you don't know how : click Start -> Run, type "cmd" (without quotes))

3. Type echo %USERNAME% and tell us the output. This just shows the username of the account currently logged in

THANKS for your help . . . it reads . . . C:\Document and Settings\ADMIN>

Does this tell us anything? Can a correction be made or is one needed? When I shutdown my laptop to 'standby' and come back, I get an icon called Admin that I must click to re-open the programs (if this adds an help).

Edited by GRANPA ALEX
Now I don't NEED to buy a new GPSr (is that a good thing?)

Probably not :P

Not sure why it suddenly started working, likely it takes some time between changing your antivirus / anti-malware protection and having it take effect?

It is also possible, though highly unlikely, that you are out of space on your c:\ drive. It is easy to check so you may want to give that a quick look anyway - go to my computer, right click on c: and click properties.