Mysterious log on my cache

I just received a notification of a find on one of my caches, and a find on another nearby which is on my watch list.

Both finds are dated Oct 9th, I just received the notification which suggests that it was just logged (but the date chosen was back in October) BUT the profile of the finder says they joined on Oct 2nd and their last visit was Oct 5th :anibad: These are the only two finds this person has.

BTW This is the log

Bug?

Talking of Mysterious logs i went to one of my caches with my daughter to make her first find on her new account, Anyway got there opened log book to find what looked to be about 4 sets of initials and date of a few wks before, got back home to find there was a TB listed but not in the cache, so nearly a month now, not sure if it was muggles or will they log on the site later on as in this case? has any one had this happen?

Talking of Mysterious logs i went to one of my caches with my daughter to make her first find on her new account, Anyway got there opened log book to find what looked to be about 4 sets of initials and date of a few wks before, got back home to find there was a TB listed but not in the cache, so nearly a month now, not sure if it was muggles or will they log on the site later on as in this case? has any one had this happen?

Yes. We have one that got found by local muggle youngsters and it got quite a few random names and comments (all polite ones) added to the log book. We moved it about 30 yards and it's been fine since then.

It's worth mentioning the initials, date and missing TB in your log so that the cache owner is aware. A similar note added to the TB's homepage is also helpful for the TB owner.

MrsB

I had a log (note) posted on one of my archived caches which just said "found"

It was logged by a cacher from the US on their mobile phone who had not logged in for about a month.

He had logged a few in the US the same day.

Deleted

Might have been a genuine mistake... and they might be bemused why the log got deleted. :P

A couple of years ago we had a 'Found' email notification on a cache which is part of series and I was puzzled why someone in the US would have only found that one.

They had deleted the log by the time I looked at the page so I looked to see what else they had done and it was obvious that they had simply mistaken a Z for a 2 when manually typing in the GC code :ph34r:

Mark

Yes. We have one that got found by local muggle youngsters and it got quite a few random names and comments (all polite ones) added to the log book. We moved it about 30 yards and it's been fine since then.

It's worth mentioning the initials, date and missing TB in your log so that the cache owner is aware. A similar note added to the TB's homepage is also helpful for the TB owner.

MrsB

Yea think it was kids as the initials all seam to be illnesses one being (vd) if you know were im coming from, :ph34r: Im the cache owner and im not sure if i should go and collect it and archive it for a week till i move it, or can i move it over a week and just put a note on cache page stating whats happened? :P

Yea think it was kids as the initials all seam to be illnesses one being (vd) if you know were im coming from, :ph34r: Im the cache owner and im not sure if i should go and collect it and archive it for a week till i move it, or can i move it over a week and just put a note on cache page stating whats happened? :P

I would have thought that if they were going to trash the cache they would have done it at the first visit, I can't see them leaving the cache intact and then coming back at a later date to trash it.

As for the missing TB, they go missing from caches all the time (sometimes 'stolen' by genuine cachers), so its disappearance may have nothing to do with this incident.

Yea think it was kids as the initials all seam to be illnesses one being (vd) if you know were im coming from, :D Im the cache owner and im not sure if i should go and collect it and archive it for a week till i move it, or can i move it over a week and just put a note on cache page stating whats happened? :P

I would have thought that if they were going to trash the cache they would have done it at the first visit, I can't see them leaving the cache intact and then coming back at a later date to trash it.

As for the missing TB, they go missing from caches all the time (sometimes 'stolen' by genuine cachers), so its disappearance may have nothing to do with this incident.

Very true but iv drove past there at night a few times and it seams to be a pop! spot for teens, hadnt worried about it before but feel its under threat now and will move it up the road 80m to the next bench were iv never seen them hanging about on,the saying a good spot can turn out to be a bad spot comes to mind! as for the TB il note to the owner hopefully it'l turn up :ph34r: